Pure Hatred

Harry's P.O.V

"Seriously Harry, please let me take you to the hospital wing." My best friend Hermione told me. I was holding a handkerchief to my nose to stop the bleeding.

"Hermione, I'm fine." I groaned. We were seated in the common room; I was in the arm chair as she kneeled in front of me.
"Your nose could be broken!" She exclaimed. She was worried but she was always worried, for the past eight years that I had known her, she was worried.
"It's not broken!" I told her. I took the tissue away from my face and the bleeding had stopped. "See?"
"I don't know why you wouldn't let me hex him mate." Ron mumbled from next to me.

"Because Malfoy isn't worth it." I told them. Malfoy and I had gotten into a little physical fight which ended in him being dragged off by Professor Snape. Hermione just rolled her eyes and looked at my nose.

"Fine but I swear if he hurts you again-."

"Relax 'Mione." I stood up and had her sit instead. I kissed her head. "Thank you." She just gave me a small smile. I said goodnight to them and walked up to the dorm I shared with Neville, Ron and Seamus. Neville was awake doing homework when he noticed my bloody clothes.

"Jesus Harry, what happened to you?" He asked. I started changing into my pajamas.

"Malfoy." I simply said. He nodded in understanding.

"He's been really on your case lately; you'd think he would show you at least some appreciation for saving his life." Neville said remarking the war from the year prior. I shrugged and was in my pajamas.

"I don't know." I said. "He's going through a lot you know?" I said. He nodded and I yawned. I checked the time and it was nearly 12 in the morning. "I'm going to sleep, goodnight Neville." He said it back and I crawled into my bed, took off my glassed and went to sleep.

"Draco, is it him?" Lucius Malfoy asked. We stood in the middle of Malfoy Manor. By the look in Draco's eyes, he knew it was me. He looked scared out of his mind.

"I can't be sure." He told his father. Wait, Draco just lied. Why did he lie? His father was urging to tell him. Lucius looked incredibly excited to know if they found me. Draco just stared at me so they took me away.

We were in the Room of Requirement, I was flying on the broom seeing as the whole bloody place was on fire. Draco was on top of a tower. I flew passed him.

"We need to go back!" I yelled to Ron.

"Are you crazy?" He yelled. I turned the broom around flew near him as the flames drew closer. We reached for each other and missed. Ron yelled something that I didn't hear. I went again and pulled Malfoy on my broom. He clutched tightly to me. The flames drew closer-

I woke up in a cold sweat. Only if it were a nightmare but it had been a reality. I looked at the time and it was nearing 3 so I decided to just lie in bed and not go back to sleep.

When morning came around and everyone got up, I got out of my bed. My nose was in so much pain but I knew it wasn't broken. I quickly got my robes on and met Hermione in the common room.

"Harry, are you alright?" She asked. Her hair was tied back exposing her beautiful face.

"Yeah fine, why do you ask?" I asked. We were waiting for Ron to go to the Great Hall.

"Your eyes, they have bags under them, did you sleep?" She asked. I thought of lying to her, I really did. But Hermione was quick and smart so she'd know.

"Yes a little." I told her. She gave me a small frown.

"Did you have a nightmare?" She asked.

"Well not exactly but I relived what happened." I told her. "In Malfoy Manor and in the Room Of Requirements." I told her. She wrapped me in a hug and kissed my cheek.

"Hey trying to steal my girl?" Ron's voice rang from behind me. We pulled away and looked him. He was smirking.

"Oh Ronald be nice." She ordered playfully. She walked over to him and gave him a peck on the lips. They intertwined hands and then we made our way to the Great Hall.

Third Person's P.O.V

The Golden Trio sat together in their normal spot at the Gryffindor table. Harry of course had view of the Slytherin table but didn't bother to look up despite the feeling of being stared at.

"Harry, are you listening?" Ginny pulled his attention.

"Oh yeah, what were you saying?" Harry asked. The two decided they weren't good for each other and broke it off. They were too much like siblings but they did care for each other very much.

"I was just saying if you think it's a good idea for me to ask a Slytherin out?" She asked. "Seeing as the war is over."

"Hmm I think it's a brilliant idea, who did you have in mind?" Harry asked.

"Blaise Zabini." She blushed slightly. Before Harry could say something Ron butt in.

"Absolutely not." He shook his head. She looked at him and her eyes narrowed.

"Excuse me? Why not?" She asked coldly.

"No sister of mine will be dating a Slytherin." Ron roared.

"It's none of your business whom I date, now is it?" Ginny retorted. Ron opened his mouth to speak but Hermione quickly put her hand over it.

"I think its great Ginny, go for it." Hermione smiled.

"Thanks 'Mione, I think I will." Harry felt the staring again so he snapped his head in the direction of the Slytherin table. Sure enough, Malfoy looked like he was seething with anger. His eyes were burning holes into Harry's robes. Harry cleared his throat and turned his attention back to his friends.

***

"Watch where you're going Scarhead." Malfoy spat maliciously at Harry. He pushed him into the wall making Harry drop his books.

"Malfoy!" Harry called after him. He stopped walking in the opposite direction and turned to face Harry who was now standing in front of him.

"What do you want Potter?" He asked coldly.

"I wanted to ask, if um we can maybe try and be nice to each other?" Harry started. Malfoy had been walking alone but Hermione and Ron watched from behind Harry in amazement. "You know put the past behind us?" Harry stuck out his hand. "What do you say?"

"Well Potter, I remember a scene just like this from when we younger." Malfoy said and Harry gulped. "No, I don't want to be your friends seeing as I'm the 'wrong sort.'" He looked at Harry with such hatred before spitting on Harry's hand. He whipped around to continue on his way. Harry grimaced and wiped his hand on his robed.

"So much for that." Harry mumbled.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron yelled.

"I was trying to be nice." Harry defended.

"What has gotten in to every one today? Befriending Slytherin's, you've all gone mental!" He cried. Harry just chuckled and gently patted Ron's arm. The three continued down the hall toarrive to their class on time.