3. Octavian x Reader

Imagine... having to sneak out at night with Octavian, because you both want to keep your relationship secret.

"Go away," you mumbled, rolling on your side in bed. "It's too early... the sun isn't up yet."

"(y/n)," said a deep voice, shaking your shoulder lightly. "It's me. Octavian."

"Octavian?" You eyes flew open. You propped yourself up on your elbows. "What are you doing here this late?" You asked, rubbing your eyes. The alarm clock next to your bed read One A.M..

He slightly frowned, taking a seat on your bed. "We made plans to meet... Did you forget?"

You cursed under your breath. "That was tonight? I thought it was tomorrow."

Octavian placed a hand on your leg. "Are you still coming? Or do you want to stay here and sleep?"

His eyes held a hopeful gleam, but it began to fade away when he saw the tired look in your eyes.

"I'll go," you whispered, sitting up in bed. "Let me get dressed first."

You kicked off the covers, walking straight up to your drawers and pulled out a SPQR t-shirt with a pair of knee length shorts. You laid your clothes out on your bed.

But before you took off your shirt, you noticed Octavian staring.

"What?" You raised a brow, with a blush growing on your cheeks. "Are you going to be a pervert and stare?"

"Uh... sorry," he muttered, blushing. Octavian placed a hand on the back of his neck and rubbed it. He averted his gaze to his shoes.

You quickly changed, keeping an eye on Octavian. He didn't take one glance at you again.

After you buttoned up your shorts, you threw the sheets across your bed.

You quietly tied on a pair of shoes, and then took Octavian's hand when you were done.

But once you were out of the Cohorts, he began to talk loudly since he assumed no one was outside.

You whispered, "Be quiet, Octavian."

Octavian rolled his eyes. "Quit nagging, (y/n)."

You playfully punched him in the arm. "Well maybe if you stopped speaking so loudly, I wouldn't be complaining. So shush, or you'll wake up the entire legion!"

Octavian sighed as the two of you passed the Fifth Cohort.

But you both came to an abrupt stop when a Lar with purple hair and lavender eyes, appeared in front of you. Vitellius, a Lar who resides in the Fifth Cohort, stared at you and Octavian, but was oblivious to your joined hands.

"Vitellius," you greeted, not allowing your voice to show your uneasiness. "Pleased to see you again."

Octavian scrunched up his nose at the sight of the Lar. "Vitellius, if you excuse us, we'll be going now."

Vitellius ignored Octavian. "Ah, (y/n) (l/n)," Vitellius said with a nod. "It's always a pleasure to see you again," the Lar said with a wink.

You felt Octavian's hold tighten. "Uh, yeah," you shrugged, shuffling a little closer to Octavian. "See you around, Vitellius," you said with a wave.