1

After nearly burning out Rowan took me in as a friend, now we sleep in the same room as each other. Trust me when I say it's not at all a romantic relationship, we are just good friends now.

<>^<>
The fire was cracking warmly Rowan was in the bedroom looking at maps of the locations of the demi-fae bodies, and I was in the washroom getting ready for bed. Just as I finish brushing out my hair, and slip into a comfy sleep outfit I open the door to see that Rowan has put the maps away and was sitting in an armchair looking at me more specifically my wrists. Ever since that night when I was helping him with his tattoo and he asked about my scars in the (shape of shackles) he has been very interested in them like he knows I did not tell the truth about how they came to be. He finally says something to me just as I slide in to my cot.
"Would you like a tattoo?" I looked at him like he had lost his mind either that or I was hallucinating. "What?" I asked incredulously.
"You heard me."
"Really you want to give me a tattoo?"
"If I didn't want to I wouldn't have asked."
"Okay then yes, I want a tattoo."
"Under one condition", he smiled, I get to put it where ever I want."
( for all u nasty people out their I know what it sounds like but that's not what I mean so shame on u for thinking it lol lol i was just looking at this to see if i needed to edit it and it came to me that i am one of the nasty people who thought about it cause yeah i did )
"Alright then." I said not thinking off the consequences at all.
"What do you want?"
I think carefully before slowly saying "The Lord of the North"
He blinks before nodding and saying "alright. I will get my things." with that he left to the main room whilst I sat on the edge of my bed and waited for him to return. After what seems like forever Rowan comes back with a folding table and the box that he keeps his needles and such in. He silently set up the table and pulled out the ink, the needles, and the mallet. He looked over at me and said "Take off you're shirt and lay on your stomach." I was about to comply when I realized that that would leave my back exposed. I looked at him nervously, "you know what I changed my mind I don't want one"
He Looked at me confused before saying "Why? Are you scared princess?"
"No", I said, "I just changed my mind"
"Should have known you would back out" he taunted.
"Look" I said irritated, "I just changed my mind that's all."
"Sure you just changed your mind... cause you're scared" he teased.
I lost my temper and said "I am afraid of nothing" while pulling my shirt up over my head. I stomped over to the table and laid down. I heard a sharp intake of breath and turned, looking over my shoulder. Rowan glared at me "How" he demanded.
"I was a slave in the salt mines."
"How long?"
"A year."
He looked lethal with rage, so I said to him "Do not forget who I am... who I was, I deserved to suffer for all my wrongs not just for being an assassin."
He looks at me still angry and says "Nobody deserves to be treated like that, even animals should not be treated like that."
I look at him with sad eyes and said "My sins have ruined me I am no longer human, fae, or even an animal I am a lowly creature a empty shell that could have been filled with greatness I'm shattered."
"You are not shattered you might be broken but you can fix what's broken. if you where shattered you would be lost you are many things Aelin but shattered is not one of them"he said right before he turned and left in a hurry.