Newt

Newts Pov

"I mean it's been over two years Minho" I protest. "So your giving up hope now, seriously Newt" Minho exclaimed, his anger fuming earning glances from passing gladers. I paused a moment before shouting back at him "Two bloody years and nothing to show for it, there is no hope" I spit back at him the words leaving my mouth like fire. Not wanting to press the argument any further I storm off heading toward the forest hopping he'll leave me alone.

I amble my way through the growing vegetation until I find a place to stop and think. I wasn't mad a Minho, not really, just the situation. It had been really getting to me recently. The inevitability of impending doom that follows when we realize we can't escape, can't find a way out.

The area was quiet, sometimes you need to stop and take a minute to realize how beautiful this place is, all I could hear was a slight breeze blowing the tree leaves. I wasn't angry with Minho, I was angry with the creators. Over time I can feel my self becoming less and less happy and I can't help it, I pick fights and start randomly yelling at my friends.

I sat there for what seemed like hours before finally I made my way back to the Glades centre but not before running into Minho at the forest edge. "About to come looking for you shuck face" he sounded like his usual self "hey I was being an idiot I have faith In You, and the other runners" I said sounding kinda mushy "I know we'll make it outta here"-"it's okay I worried too" "Hey guys" Minho was interrupted by the only keeper of that distinctive voice, Chuck.

"What do you worry about?" Though you could tell he was innocent this wasn't the time. "Why aren't you back at your hammock yet Chuck?" I started "its practically night buddy, go on" Minho had finished for me. "Really, as if I would buy that klunk, what are you talking about?" Chuck fought back. i started "Its nothing really, night guys" I say turning on my heels but not before giving Minho a reassuring nod, I head off to my room in the homestead.

I clamer up the stairs hoping not to wake any one as it is actually quite late, I slip into my room undetected. Only thirty seconds later I hear Minho walk past my room to his down the hall. I pull my boots off leaving them at the corner off my bed on the floor and my shirt on the chair beside it. I jump into bed and blow out the light coming from the oil lamp so I'm sitting In Darkness, I lie there, thinking about the day, tomorrow is going to be different, I can feel it.Tomorrow
Everything is going to change

🔳▪️🔲▫️🔳▪️🔲▫️🔳▪️🔲▫️🔳
BAM FIRST CHAPTER
First time fan fic so go easy on me.
This story isint exactly the same it's based off the BOOK and the MOVIE.
Constructive criticism is welcome.