01

Ok, im really excited for this book, so don't mind if I personally fangirl over our own book. (: -drxpdeadrachel

LILY

Adoption day. Yet to me, one of the most horrid days of each month.

I particularly didn't like it, because all of the kids get chosen first before it even gets to my age group. I got out of bed, and looked at my roomie. I laughed at how she slept, as far away from me as possible. She moved the bed herself, on the other side of the room. Which didn't bother me none, so my lovely property won't get touched by anybody in this place. Except the head of the adoption center. But that's her job.

I looked at Emily as she stood from her bed and walked out quickly. I lightly giggled to myself, pleased to know that I scare her, hell i maybe even scarred her. I reached inside the closet and grabbed my burgundy shirt that showed my shoulders and slid that on. I grabbed some black, ripped up skinny jeans and set them on the bed. Then i reached down for some clean socks and black combat boots. Once I was done changing, Emily walked in and went to the closet herself. I reached inside my makeup bag, and started on it. While doing this, I was humming The Heretic Anthem, by none other than, Slipknot. I saw Emily looking at me through the mirror. She was a christian, and a big one at that.

"If you're 555, then I'm 666.

Everybody's so infatuated,

Everybody's so completely sure of what we are,

Everybody defamates from miles away."

Emily got finished and walked towards her bed, making it. Once I was done with my makeup, I slip on my ring. I curled my hair slightly, so it wouldn't be completely strait today. I smiled, winked at Emily, then walked out the door. I started walking down the hallway, heading to the kitchen, while running into Ms. Timberlake. "Good morning, Lily." She stated as i walked past her.

"Morning."

"Heading to the kitchen, I presume?" I nodded, turned back around, and started making my way, once again. She finally started walking away and found somebody else to talk to. "Hello, my dear Hayden. Going to the kitchen?"

"Yes ma'am."

"There's french toast sticks cooking right now, if you want that. Jess is cooking pancakes if you prefer that."

"Sounds wonderful, Ms. Timberlake." Was the last thing I head from "Hayden" once i arrived to the kitchen.

"Hey, Lily. Want pancakes, or french toast?"

"Actually, I'd rather have an apple."

"Why couldn't I have guessed? That's what you have every morning." She laughed turning around towards the fridge. I guess you could say Jess was my only friend, but that was okay. I just wish I had a room with her instead of Emily. Jess started to walk back towards me again, and brought me a granny smith apple. My favorite. "I got you some Orange Juice too, since you always drink that with your 'meal'."

"You know me so well." I laughed grabbing the cup of Orange Juice and the apple.

"That I do." She said winking and going back to cooking. The door opened once again, Jess looked up. I just focused on my food.

"Hey Hayden." Jess said flipping the pancakes.

"Hey, Jess."

"Pancakes?"

"Nope. I'll have the French Toast and Orange Juice, please."

"No-problemo."

"Imma head back to my room and freak out the christian. Seeya later, Jess."

"Bye, Lily." I started making my way towards the door, almost dropping my apple when Jess called back once again. "Oh, and Lily?" I turned around.

"What's up?"

"Good luck today." I smiled.

"Thanks."

xx

Ms. Timberlake aligned our age group and got us ready. "Now, the ladies that are coming in are very.. interesting. They are not together as a couple. They're just bestfriends. They both want a child of their own. So smile, and try to make a good impression. Please."

The doors opened. I watched as the two women approached everybody. One was red headed, the other had black with blue, like mine, but longer. I was impressed by the red head. We all had name tags on our shirts, so people would know who we are. The red head walked up to me, with such manner.

"What's your name, sweetheart?"

"Lily. Lily Rose."

"That's a very unique name. Would your favorite flower be any of those?"

"Actually, my favorite flower is a daisy." She smiled and nodded.

"What's your favorite musical group?"

"Is that a trick question?"

"How would that be a trick question?" She asked curiously.

"Like, old favorite musical group? Current favorite music group? This century?"

"The one that you listen to the most, hun."

"Defiantly Slipknot."

"You got a great taste, kid. How old are you?"

"I am sixteen." She smiled.

"Ms. Timberlake?" She asked as she walked over to me and the red headed lady.

"I am so sorry if Lily said anything inappropriate to you, Ms. Shepherd."

"No no no, nothing like that is going on. I just wanted to say that Lily is the one that I want to adopt." I gasped. I never thought that this would actually happen. Me? Lily Rose? Have a family?

H-O-L-Y-S-H-I-T.

"Oh, well go pack your things, Lily." Ms. Timberlake stated smiling, looking towards the other woman.

"I, Thank you so much, Ms-"

"Please, Call me Heidi."

"Thank you, Heidi." I said smiling, hugging her. I pulled away and went to my room and packed all of my things. I saw Emily and all of the other girls walk back towards their rooms. "Well, it was nice knowing you, Emily."

"Y-you too."

"Oh, and don't worry." I stated as i finished packing my things. "You'll get picked, one day." I said truthfully, smiling at her. I walked towards the front, seeing Heidi. I smiled and made my way to her.

"Ready to go to your new home?" She asked politely.

"Pfft, I was born ready. Legit." She laughed and out her arm around me as we were walking towards her red corvette. "Nice car." I said smiling, hopping into it, after setting my stuff in the trunk.

"Thank you, Lily. Maybe one day it will be yours." She smiled starting the car. "What do ya say once we get home, we set your room up, and watch The Iron Giant?" I smiled and started clapping my hands.

"I love you already."