Part 1: Fionna

Fionna is married to "Bubba" Gumball, CEO of The Candy Kingdom, a world-renown baking company. Being the wife of a very rich and high up CEO may have its perks, but looks can be deceiving. What happens when Fionna finds out that Gumball has been cheating on her?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I click down the long hallway in my heels, nervously picking at my blazer's loose strings. I knock on the door to my husband's private office and knock on the door.

"Come in." I take a deep breath and push the door open.

"Ah, my beautiful wife. Please sit down." Bubba instructs. I walk over to the plush leather chair and sit down on the edge.

"I've called you in here so that you can show our new assistant around the facility." I look up and notice a slim girl standing by the water cooler. She's very pretty, if you go for hookers.

"Fionna, this is Marie. Marie, this is my wife, Fionna." He introduces us and I warily shake her hand. Bubba had a thing for her kind of girls in high school. Even though he's 'over it', I'm still not 100% sure that he's telling the truth.

"Hi. We can start right now if you want." I suggest. Marie shrugs her shoulders and I walk out of the office and hope that she's following me. I look back and to my relief, she is.

"This is the bakery, the break room, the frosting making center, a room where you make fillings for pies and donuts, the front office, and the boiler room. You'll be working with Mr. Gumball most of the time, so none of this is essential for your job. Next we have the..." I ramble on and on for a while with Marie just absentmindedly nodding her head and saying things like "Ok" or "Got it" or "Will do".

I show her how to do paperwork and we chat about mindless stuff. She's actually not that bad. Once you get behind the layers and layers of makeup, she's really approachable and easy to talk to.

Maybe trusting her was my first mistake.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I storm down the hallway, Bubba's phone clenched tightly in my fist. I found messages from Bubba and Marie of how much they love each other and they want to be together forever. I don't even knock before entering, not even caring about what lay on the other side. Marie had her hands on Bubba's chest while Bubba was kissing her cheek repeatedly. They didn't even sense my presence until I cleared my throat. Bubba didn't even look up, he just swatted me away with his free hand that wasn't cupping Marie's face.

"Go away, Simone. I'm busy." Bubba grumbled.

"Do I look a Simone to you?" I spat angrily. His head sprang up immediately from Marie's cheek and a guilty look passed through his eyes.

"Baby, Fio, it's not what it looks like." he tried to explain but I held up my hand.

"What does it look like? 'Oh, sorry babe. I'm just having an inappropriate moment with the assistant I hired four months ago when I shouldn't even be thinking of other women because I have been married for two years?' Because that's what it looks like!" I exclaim glaring at him.

"I gave you two years of my life. Two years. I knew getting married at eighteen was a bad idea. I'm twenty! I should still be in college, but you convinced me to drop out and take online courses that put me ahead two years. You still have that dumb college brain. The one where you act without thinking of the effect it could have on someone." I spit.

I walk out of his office and storm into the room where all of the cubical workers are. I'm so furious that I don't even look where I'm going and walk smack into a tall figure. I look up into the face of a shaggy haired man, looking only a year or two older than me.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I just needed some air." I apologize. The stranger chuckles and runs a hand through his hair, sweeping it to the side.

"I'm Marshall. Marshall Lee Abadeer." he introduces himself.

"Fionna Gumball?" I say with uncertainty. I shake his outstretched hand.

"What's with the questioning voice?" Marshall asks, genuinely curious.

"My husband has been-"

"Fionna!" I hear Bubba's shrill voice interrupt me. I groan and turn around.

"Yes?" I ask, bored.

"You cannot run out on me like that. We weren't through talking." Bubba pants.

"Yeah, but I was done talking to you." I say nonchalantly.

"You cannot do this to me-" Bubba begins.

"I can't do this to you?! You're the one who cheated on me." I yell exasperated.

"Stop shouting; you're making a scene." Bubba tries to console me.

"Is this enough of a scene for you? I found out you cheated and my father died today!" I yell, flailing my arms. Bubba opens his mouth, a shocked expression on his face.

"Your father died?" he whispers.

"Yeah. I was gonna tell you but then I saw you with Marie." I say, looking down at the ground. I look back up into Bubba's eyes and brush off my dress.

"Now, if we're done here, I must go pack for a funeral." I turn to Marshall. "It was nice meeting you, Mr. Abadeer."

"I can walk you out, if you want." Marshall offers.

"That would be lovely." I say.

"Wait, Fionna, you can't do this. You're still married!" Bubba protests.

"But it's completely appropriate for you to have an affair? See you later, Bubba. I've already booked a hotel for you. If you want, you can even invite Marie over." I say, throwing some shade. I turn back to Marshall with a smirk on my face.

"Shall we?" I ask.

"We shall."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this is the first chapter of my Fiolee fanfic. Comment what you think of it and if you want me to make more chapters. Thanks again!

Hallie Lou