Newt, can you hear me?

This is literally word for word a section from the book hush by eishes chayil. All I did was change the names and sentences to fit this fandom. Enjoy!
--
From Thomas's POV
--
Newt?

Newt, can you hear me?

It's hard to write a letter to the dead. It's easier to talk with you directly, as if we're having a real conversation. Sometimes, though, writing is strangely reassuring. When I finish the letter to you, I fold the paper into an envelope, tape it shut, and drop it into the mailbox. There's no address on it, no stamp or anything. It's just a small, white letter, and I can pretend it gets to you.

I'm already nineteen. Do you know that? Soon I'll be getting a job in this new world of ours. Minho, Frypan, and everyone else too. Well, everyone who got here. Do you remember us? Can you see us in heaven, or is memory a curse for only the living?

I know I'm already nineteen and shouldn't be talking to the dead. But still, it's the only way I can reach you.
Frypan's worried no one will want to hire me. I heard him tell Minho that people will be scared to hire someone like me after what happened. Minho said it was nonsense. He told him to stop annoying him and that no one remembers it anymore.

It's true. After Brenda let it slip that I'd killed you, people talked for a couple weeks, but it's died down now. Nobody thinks of it anymore. I haven't forgiven her though. I didn't forget, though I made as though I had. They said it was better that way, not to remember. I don't know why I'm speaking with you now. But when I do, can you hear me?

I'm not scared like Frypan is. Some people still don't know about it. So I'll get a job soon, when I'm twenty.

Do you remember me still? That's a ridiculous question. I killed you. Of course you'd remember. Right?

I am almost twenty. You... you are still sixteen.

Please forgive me.

Newt?

Newt, can you hear me?
--
I'm not crying, my eyes are sweating. Ha. Hahahaha. Ha. Well, I hope you enjoyed this little oneshot :) Newtmas is my absolute OTP for the maze runner :D Well, bye!