The One With The Hunter

Laughing, I made my way out of my friends car and walked up the drive of my house. But the sudden change in atmosphere puts me off, but thats not what sets my teeth on edge. Its the putrid smell of death that shakes me to the bone. I look around me, just now noticing how quiet the street is. Swallowing, I move my feet forward and take my keys out of my bag, but strangely enough the door is already unlocked, and the feeling of death is getting worse, making knots form in my stomach. Slowly pushing the door on it's hinges, the creaking echoing in the house. Stepping in I see the most horrific sight no sixteen year old, or anyone for that matter should see. There they were, my parents. Except they were in pieces. Blood, limbs everywhere. I can't even see the color of the living room carpet. And thats when I hear the screaming. Oh the screaming. My knees hit the carpet and my hands cling to my ears. The screams were deafening. And I couldn't breathe. The smell soon became to much and I raised myself to my feet, limbs shaking, and made my way outside, landing on the grass and emptying my stomach.

I heard the sirens before I saw them. Lights flashing in the distance. I could still hear that awful screaming, making my head ache. God I wish those screams would stop. Please stop. Stop. STOP!

~TW~

I sprang forward from my bed, beads of sweat trailing down the back of my neck, getting cooler the farther down my back it went, like a cold finger, the sensation disturbing. I force my eyes to focus so I can read the neon numbers on my alarm clock. 4:27am. I knew I couldn't go back to bed now, not after that. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and shook myself, trying to rid my thoughts of the haunting memory. I pull myself from bed and to the kitchen, easily navigating my self around my dark house. Well I guess you couldn't really call it a house, maybe more of a small cabin that contains a small living room conjoined to a even smaller kitchen. Connecting to the kitchen was a short hallway containing a bathroom and a laundry room. In the far back right of the living room, on the opposite side of the laundry room was a stair case leading up to my bedroom, and all throughout the cabin were twinkle lights inside of mason jars.

When I reached the kitchen I filled a glass to the brim with ice water, downing the whole thing in one go. I sighed. Tomorrow, or well I guess today is the day I'm opening my shop. Following in the steps of my mother, it's what some might call voodoo. I would have kept my mothers shop open, but too many bad memories. And I just sort of felt a pull to Beacon Hills.

I know I'm not going to be resting anytime soon so I slide on my shoes and walk outside, breathing in the fresh air of the woods. I glance around myself only seeing the leaves on the trees that surround me. I throw my fiery red hair up into a pony tail and take off into the woods. A run would do me some good before I headed up into the city.

~TW~

My legs were burning by the time I got back to my little shack, only to notice two black SUVs parked a few feet away with some burly looking men inside of them. I halted in my tracks a couple yards away from the threatening vehicles. As I stood there, one man, I'm assuming the leader, exited the car and took calculated steps toward me, only stopping just a few feet from arms reach. The man still hadn't spoken, so I took it as an invitation to speak first.

"Who the hell are you?" Yeah that sounded bitchy, but really who the hell was this guy, thinking he could just waltz onto my property and have some standoff to see who would blink first. I think not.
After another moment of somewhat awkward silence the man cleared his throat and says, "Chris Argent."
"Well Chris Argent, this is private property, so why are you on it?" I ask, keeping my bitch face in place.
"Well, I was just surprised that someone was living so far out into the woods. You out here all on your own?" He questioned. And might I say that sounded super creepy. I paused for less than a second, wondering if it's smart to tell the guy if I was out here alone. Ah screw it. Ending my inner monologue I say, "Yeah it's just me out here. Why do your care?"
"Well it's pretty dangerous out, what with all the animal attacks."
Smirking slightly and tilting my head to the side, "Really, 'cause I heard that those so called 'animal attacks' was really Kate Argent." I knew I had struck a nerve when the man tensed significantly, but kept his face impassive.
"You never know what's lurking in the dark." He said oh so vaguely. I rolled my eyes and shouldered past him while saying, "Thanks for the heads up."