First Glance

Pearl-POV
Rose said there would be few more weeks until the war will start. Just the thought of it makes me sad. I stood inside the cave of what Rose calls "Home". I highly disagree. Home world is the true home. Wouldn't she agree?
"Yo G! Check what I can do!" I turn around to hear the voice of Amethyst as she shape-shifted into a basketball and bounced up and down. I heard a small chuckle from Garnet.
"P! Why don't you show us some of your shape-shifting skills?" Amethyst smirked. I walked over to her and swallowed. I don't like shape-shifting much, because it makes me uncomfortable.
"DO IT, DO IT!" Amethyst chanted. I drew her an angry face.
"Amethyst. I'm not going to. Shape-shifting is used for battle, not turning into toys," I disagreed.
"Why? Are you afraid of being embarrassed?" She teased.
"No," I blushed uncontrollably. Seconds later Garnet stepped in.
"Amethyst. Give her some space. Leave her." Garnet blankly said. The surprise on Amethyst's face was priceless! I wanted to laugh, but I chose not to. Amethyst opened her mouth to speak.
"Okay.. Well I'm off dudes! So, um I'll catch you dudes later!" And she shape-shifted into a owl and flew out of the cave. I was going to opened my mouth and thank her, but, she knew what I was going say.
"Your welcome." Garnet smiled. I shot her smile back and I decided to turn away from her and talk to Rose.
"Rose. Can I ask you something?" I softly said. Rose turned around and smiled. And nodded.
"Sure,"
"Will we win the war?" I questioned scaredly. There was a long pause.
"Yes. I have high hopes and fate that we will win. Right now I'm trying to get us some allies. I've tried to message the Triangles, but the have not received my message." Rose tried to put up a smile. I walked back to where Garnet was and I sat a metre away from her. Awkwardly, she scooted closer next to me. Not to be rude, I wanted to shift more away from her. I don't want to make things awkward. She came even closer this time. Finally I broke the peace against us.
"Um, can I help you Garnet?" I said unawarely. She kind of looked shocked.
"Yes." She replied with a smirk. Oh no. Something is going to happen.
"What then?" I replied moderately. She moved more closer and um.. Uh.. And I realised her shoulder was touching mine.
"I want to cheer you up." She tried a smile. "Trust me! We will win this war and conquer!" I blushed heavily. I loved how she was trying to comfort me, but at the same time she was kinda in the "Pearl's Zone Only" then I realised she came in for a hug. It was just like a missile zooming towards me and I didn't have enough time to dodge, run away or duck.
"It'll be okay Pearl. I'm very sure." She whispered in my ear. I broke free and smiled at her.
"Thanks I guess?" I said confessedly. Amethyst had come back and I stood up to tell her the news about what just happened.
"She did what?!" Amethyst gave a fan-girly scream.
"Shh! I don't want her to know I'm sharing this to you. And to be honest, it was very awkward indeed." I confessed.
"Do you love her?" Amethyst teased.
"WHAT ON HOME-WORLD ARE YOU SAYING?!" I screamed and panicked at the same time.
"Dude! First of all, we're not on Home world. Second of all I've got to lock you guys up somewhere so you guys can marry each other to get out!" Amethyst smirked heavily. Disgust washed over me. I felt like I have feelings for Garnet, but I don't. I think I might go with "I don't" or Ruby & Sapphire, no offence, but Ruby might crack my heart open and fix it up.
I'm not normal.