Black and White

Where's Scott? He said he'd be here in a minute. I clenched my legs against my chest as I sat in the corner of the bed against the wall. Looking out the bars in the window wishing I was out there instead of here. Stupid, this is all stupid... I wasn't doing anything bad. Fuck that lady. She was- You know, I'm not going to mention it. I'll just have another attack and they'll do something worse. I picked on the loose thread on the bottom of my shirt as tears glistened my eyes. I just wanted a normal life. Where I didn't have to worry about my next move. I wish I still had my father, maybe things would have been different, calmer, and nicer.

I don't know.
I never did.

-                                                                 -
•                                                                 •
-                                                                 -
Before...
-                                                                -
•                                                           •
-                                                               -

I'm not insane. I'm not insane. I'm not insane-

I closed my notebook quickly when I felt a presence above my shoulder. "What do you want," I growled out in annoyance. The boy jumped and scooted back away from me. I was very "respected" and no one dared to talk back at me. The things I could do... I shook my head at myself. I reopened the book and continued writing. I'm not insane. I'm not insane. I'm not insane. I had to convince myself for just once. I finally had enough and crossed multiple lines on the words I had written. I ripped the paper out of the book and tore it into a thousand pieces, letting them go inside the opening under the top of the desk.

I̸'̸m̸ n̸o̸t̸ i̸n̸s̸a̸n̸e̸...

---

I opened the door seeing my mother look my way. She smirked at me. "Hey little brat," she said, hoping to bother me. I rolled my eyes walking to the stairs, ignoring her, but she kept pestering. "I said something to you. You always need to answer your mother." She got up from where she sat on the couch and stood next to me. She grabbed my hair on the side of my face, pulling me towards her before hitting my head against the wall making me let go of my school bag. I winced in pain as I felt my temple throb. That will certainly leave a bruise. I grabbed her wrist while lifting my foot onto her stomach and pushing her away from me, my shoes digging into her skin. She yelped in pain. I was glad I decided to wear my combat boots today.

I quickly retrieved my bag and sprinted up the stairs, hearing my mother spit explicit phrases at me. "You Bitch!" I ignored her, just wishing she would go away. I have a career at a young age, which is very stressful and she isn't helping. I walked into my room and locked the four locks I had on my door so she would keep out. A fifteen year old shouldn't have to lock out her mother, but I quickly learned that she always had a key with her when she tried to "talk" to me. I set my book bag on the black computer seat, going to the bathroom that was connected to my room. I grabbed my concealer and applied it to the area where my mother had hit me. Looking at the small bottle I had, it was almost empty. I had more this morning. I sighed, she was the reason I had worn makeup a lot more. I threw the bottle away and got out of the bathroom I grabbed my laptop from under my bed as I sat down on the floor with my back on the edge of my bed and set the computer on my thighs. I opened my notes and I began singing.