Chapter 1

Before i start...all i have to say is ENJOY <3 - or at least i hope ;]

Also, check out the video for the song on the side...it was kinda the video that struck a chord in my mind and inspired the plot for this book:D

Anyway, here goes...

___________________________________________________

“What’s your name?” the short policeman asked me for the twentieth time. He was so unattractive…shorter than a dwarf, with layers of fat dangling everywhere. I felt disgusted.

“None of your fucking business.” I just sat there in the police station, my cold face turned to the world. For some reason, I was arrested. Again. No surprise there. I didn't even know why, not that I gave two shits. They could all go to hell. I didn't really care if I got arrested a thousand times. I’d already tried to run away. It was a complete fail. The other officer who had been there at the time was not exactly cooperative. I usually put on a few moves, they concentrate on my body, and I make a run for it. It always used to work, but that officer (not the fat one) was either gay, had a girlfriend, or a very, very good policeman, because I couldn’t even make him look anywhere below my eyes.

“Leave her to me.”

I didn't need to turn around to know that the hot police officer, the one who wouldn‘t be lured by my charms, was standing right behind me. He looked too good to be a policeman. I was guessing he was like the big boss, judging by all those stars and what not he had on his black suit. I was pretty sure he was new as well; a transfer maybe or something.

His fat colleague left, leaving us alone in the waiting room. This station was the biggest in town, lavishly furnished for a police station. I didn't even try anything; I knew nothing would work. I had nearly flashed him earlier to get away, but he actually held my shirt down.

“What’s your name?”

“You tell me. You’re the policeman after all.” I looked smug.

“Don’t try to be a smartass, young lady. I asked you a question.” This guy was oozing patience.

“I kinda figured that part out, you know. My IQ might not be 200, but I can generally tell when people ask questions.”

“I know that you understand when people ask questions. But take a wild guess why questions get asked? Oh, wait! I know! Generally, it’s for you to answer.” It was his turn to look smug. I had no idea a policeman could be a ‘smartass’ as he’d called me. He was indulging in his moment, enjoying that short second where his face was screaming ‘burn!’ right at me.

I didn't let him indulge in his moment of glory for too long though, “Sadly – for you – you asked a question, but I am so not about to answer.” I couldn’t help but smirk.

He just glared at me.

“If that’s supposed to frighten me, then it was a serious fail.” Now that seemed to make him fume in anger. I guess I was wrong. He was so not patient.

“Just tell me what your name is, young lady.”

“Eva.” I decided to tell him as much, “and stop calling me young lady. You’re not that much older, you know.” He looked just a couple of years older than me; I’d give him twenty-four, twenty-five max.

“Eva what?”

“Just Eva.”

“This game is getting very tiring. What’s your last name?” he was glowering by now.