❆Chapter 1❆

Frozen Creepypasta: The Cold Never Bothered You Anyway

I was never really a big fan of Frozen. I always thought the memes and movie itself were over-rated by the Disney crowd. I liked some of the characters, some of the songs, and of course the breath taking animation, but every now and then whenever Frozen popped up on the internet, I always felt this strange, irritated feeling I couldn't explain. However when my mom purchased the dvd for my sister, that strange irritated feeling spiraled into a horrifying, agonizingly scary experience. There was something wrong with that copy of the movie. It had to have been a possessed object of some sort. The film contained creepy glitches and graphics that could not evade from my memory. And here I am, sitting at my computer, about to tell you the story of how this traumatizing event began.

When my mom first brought home Frozen, my little sister was really excited. Without even asking if I wanted to watch the movie with her, she went ahead into the living room and popped the dvd in. She shut the door as always and began watching as I sat in front of my computer, chatting with my internet friends on deviantart. About 5 minutes later she came rushing in.

"You have to come check this out!"

"What is it?" I asked.

"The movie is all red!"

"What?"

I curiously got up from my desk and followed her into the living room. On the screen, the title Frozen was engraved into the icy walls just as I remembered from watching it in the theaters. Only this time, there was some sort of filter that turned the whole movie red. Everything was red, especially the ice.

"Looks kinda like blood..." I said.

"I'm telling dad! Maybe he can help!"

As she ran out I sat down and watched the movie, up until little Ana and Elsa began playing in the castle. The strange thing was the movie was playing fine on its own (at first), no glitches, no audio imperfections, the red filter was the only issue. My dad walked in and messed around with the dvd player. He took out the dvd, cleaned it a few times, and put it back in, but the blood red filter continued to stain the footage. He then suggested taking it back to Target and purchasing a new one. After he left, my sister came up with the idea to fast forward through the movie, and all the way up to the Let it Go song. I agreed and picked up the remote, stopping right when the mountains came into view, and Queen Elsa was marching up along the side.

"Turn it up!" my sister shouted.

I giggled and increased the volume.

Something strange happened as she was singing. Her voice was incredibly low, and the background music sounded like an old scratchy record. My sister got up to go get my dad while I stayed behind and watched. I knew the voice still belonged to Idina Menzel, but she sounded like she was sick and dying, and the background music didn't make things any better. After she sang the line," the cold never bothered _ anyway", the TV began to hum loudly and static built up on the screen. I loathed the sound of static, all of the loud noises it would make when you flipped through channels. What was especially weird is that Elsa never said 'me', the audio just cut the word out for some strange reason. After she repeated the line, again without saying 'me', the movie stopped in a flash and the static covered up the whole screen, humming so loud it sounded like someone had shoved two hair dryers in my ears. I got up and left the room as my dad rushed in and unplugged the T.V., unable to get the static to stop. He took the dvd out and put it back into the case.

That night, I kept wondering what was wrong with the movie. Why was it all red? Why would was the word 'me' cut out? Is Disney trying to hide something?