1

I was currently sitting in the dining room with my mom, brother, and dad. My brother kept glancing at me with sorrow in his eyes.

'What's wrong?' I asked him through are mind link. I blocked the link from my parents so they wouldn't hear it.

He looked down at his food as he answered 'Dad has arranged your hand in marriage to the Alpha of Italy.'

I choked on my water causing my family to look up at me. "Sorry.." I said quietly.

We were shapeshifters that's why I'm freaking out. I could change into any animal, unlike my family. My mom says its a gift bestowed on me by the moon goddess. Around my father I had to act quiet and reserved like a princess should, or at least that's what he says. Now I think your all wondering why we don't have an Alpha and Luna like any other pack.

All the shapeshifters decided that we should rule under one pack or kingdom, as we call it. But still my dad arranging my marriage to a werewolf, and one that's not my mate! His insane if he thinks I'm going to go through with this.

'What do you mean hand in MARRIAGE!' I yelled through the mind link.

He flinched at my tone but quickly confined his fear. 'I tried to stop him saying that Once you found your mate he would kill the other man. He wouldn't listen... I'm so sorry.' I could see tears in my brothers eyes as he told me this.

'How much time do I have?'

'A year. Once you turn 18 dad's going to marry you off.' His voice was so filled with sorrow that tears started falling down my face.

Quickly, so my parents wouldn't see, I wiped the tears away. 'Can you train me everyday, now? And tomorrow can you take me swimming?" I asked hoping he'd say yes.

When I turned 5 my father hit me saying that I had to learn to respect him. That's when my brother started teaching me how to fight. It's always been two days of the week, but now that I'm going to get married to someone I don't know I'll needed more training than ever.

And the thing about the swimming was that I heard about the legend of the sea horse (a.k.a. capaill uisce). I wanted to know if the legend was true, that if their master comes close to the shore that they will come out to find them.

'Yes of course, but dad won't let me take you outside the castle.' My brother said.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. My dad won't let me leave the castle, EVER. So my own kingdom and others outside of it won't know what I look like. Even the people that worked inside the castle didn't know what I looked like.

'So... your the master of sneaking things in and out of the castle. You could just sneak me out and dad would never know.' I told him hoping to the moon goddess that he'd say yes.

He sighed loudly inside my mind muttering an Okay before adding 'If anyone sees you I'm going to have to lie and say that you're my third cousin twice removed.'

I laughed at him overly excited that I might get a horse that I feel a connection to.

My dad clear his throat getting everyone's attention. "Mia I have something that I'd like to tell you." My dad said his face blank of any emotion.

"Yes?" I asked trying to act like I didn't know where this is going to.

"When you turn 18 you'll be leaving the castle."

"Why....?" Even though I already knew I still felt hurt.

"Because I have arranged your hand in marriage to the Alpha of Italy. A week After your birthday you'll leave to go live with him."

My face was emotionless not showing my dad how hurt I was. "He's not my mate. I will NOT marry someone who's NOT my MATE!" I emphasized not and mate so my father was clear on what I wanted.

My father laughed at me. He did not just go there.....

After laughing in my Damn face he said "Mates are fairy tales. They are not real. Stop dreaming and wake up before you hurt yourself more than you already have."

Slamming my hands on the table I stood up slowly leaning forward. My eyes were probably amber telling everyone that my animal was there. I gritted my teeth together as I said in my animal voice "MATES ARE REAL! I WILL NOT MARRY SOME ASSHOLE ARROGANT COCKY MOTHERFUCKER JUST TO PLEASE YOUR SELFISH ASS!"

Screaming at him wasn't a good idea, but he needed to learn that I was a person not an object. With that I stormed out of the dining room full speed sprinting up the stairs and making it to my room slamming the door shut.