An Unkindness of Direction

*******Hey everyone. So this is a fanfic of One Direction based on the show One Tree Hill. I don't own any rights to One Direction or One Tree Hill content. *******

It was a cloudy Thursday night in the town of Sawyer creek, about 8:00. Niall Horan walked down the main street, dribbling a basketball and wearing a baggy sweatshirt with the hood up, covering his blonde hair. Down the street a little ways, Hilarie Briar was driving her vintage car, blasting her alternative music that nobody knew the name of.

She was different than most high school girls. She didnt care about being popular or being cool. She cared about music and her drawings. She was lonley.

Hilarie pulled into the parking lot of Sawyer Creek High School where Harry Styles was warming up in front of a cheering audience. His dad was watching from the side of the basketball court.

"Harry. Remember, win this game with 30 points, nothing less."

"I know dad." Harry said, shooting another ball into the hoop.

The game started and the cheerleaders waved their pom poms around, one of them was Hilarie Briar. As Coach Pauly Higgins screamed at his team to get the ball in the net, Harry dunked the ball into the basket, making the crowded bleachers go wild. The score was 17 to 12, the Sawyer

ravens were winning.

Back across town, Niall Horan arrived at a court in a park. He took off his hood and threw the ball to a a guy standing on the court. He had baggy white shorts on and brown hair. His name was Louis Tomlinson, but everbody just called him Tomo.

"And here he is ladies and gentalmen, Niall Horan," announced Liam Payne into a fake microphone. He was a little looking boy with spikey hair and a big smile on his face, watching the players every step as they shook hands to begin a two on two game. Niall and Tomo had known each other for years and had come to the park court almost every night to play a game.

"14-13 with Niall in the lead. Who will win this game?" Liam announced into his fake microphone. "Horan for the game!" he screamed as Niall shot and mad the final basket of the game.

Niall put his hood back up and grabbed his basketball as he waved goodbye to the guys. Another Horan victory. He walked off thr court and headed back into town. As he was crossing main street to get back home, a car was zooming towards him. Inside, Hilarie was searching her backseat for her mix tape with half an eye on the road. She turned back to the road and slammed on the break, seeing Niall in the road. He spun towards her car and stopped dead in his tracks. He just staired at her as she tried to catch her breath. Once she did, she realized it had been a full 30 awkward seconds of Niall just stairing at her, so she honked for him to keep going and get out of her way.

*THE NEXT DAY*

"Hey Coach!" John Styles yelled down the school hallway to Coach Higgins. John was Harry's dad and was obsessed with everything having tondo with basketball. "Why did you stop my boy from shooting the last basket at yesterdays game? He is the best on that team and an assist is notngood enough for him."

"Give it a rest John. Its just a game." Coach called, not even bothering to turn around and say it to Mr. Styles' face.

John ran up to Coach and turned him around. "You are despicable you know. You are letting this teams dreams just vanish into thin air." Paul turned back around in the direction he had been heading a started to walk away from John. "You're full of crap."

"It comes with old age Johnny, better prepare for it.

*LATER THAT DAY*

Niall walked up the street wearing his usual baggy sweatshirt and carrying a basketball. He walked up the teo little steps leading to his mom's little coffee shop, Carrie's Cafe. "Hey mom," he called back into thr kitchen. Carrie Horan appeared from behind the counter carrying a tray full of cleaned coffee mugs. "Hi hon." Carrie smiled lovingly at her son as she leaned over the counter to give him a kiss on the cheek. As she went back into the kitchen, a girl about 5 foot 3 came walking out behind the counter holding a newspaper.