Click

Shawns p.o.v.

Screams filled my ears as I raced across downtown Toronto desperately trying to outrun some crazy fans who found out I was out for a walk around the city. I skidded around the corner and rushed into a store that looked pretty deserted. When I peeked out the window I didn't see the screaming girls. What I did see was much better, a tall beautiful girl was calmly walking past the store absorbed in whatever was on the screen of her phone. My momentary daze was interrupted when the girl was suddenly pushed to the side and fell right against the window and onto the ground. The crowd of girls who pushed her all trampled past frantically running down the street yelling "he went this way!!"

Maddies p.o.v.

I was on my way back to my hotel for my girls weekend in Toronto with my best friends. We had reserved a table at Richmond Station and I was just walking down to confirm it. I mean sure I could have called but being a true Canadian I loved walking around the "big city". I was checking my phone when I was thrust against a window next to me. When I opened my eyes I felt a throbbing pain in my head

"fucking hell" I cursed.

I was just about to lie down on the ground in defeat when a familiar looking boy approached me.

"Oh my god are you okay" he asked

His eyes looked around assessing the damage then he offered me a hand.

"Um I think so?" I replied although it sounded more like a question than an answer. I took his hand and he pulled me up. Standing up I could see him better, he was tall with soft brown hair, warm brown eyes and his lips quirked up in a half smile.

" I'm really sorry about that "

" oh it's not your fault a bunch of lunatics are running around on a rampage"

"Actual-"

he started to say something but he cut himself off.

" Yea I have no idea what's going on with those guys" he said after a second.

"Must be some celebrity here"

I said mainly to myself, he laughed nervously, I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone to see if it had survived the crash. When I checked the time I realized I had to be at the hotel soon so I could get ready for the restaurant tonight.

"I'm really sorry but I have to get going back to my hotel but it was really nice meeting you...."

"My name is... Um Shawn ... Mendes?"

He tensed while he waited for my answer

"You don't sound so sure about that, I'm the only one who should have head trauma" I laughed

A strange look crossed over his features..... relief maybe?

"Just witnessing that crash gave me a concussion" he countered

I laughed and he smiled at my reaction. Damn he looks so familiar I know I've seen him somewhere something about him ... Just can't put my finger on it. I pondered over this for a minute before I realized our conversation was in silence.

" oh well I really should be getting back to my hotel, again it was nice meeting you"

" You too"

When I reached my destination I put an ice pack on my head and retreated to the couch in the room while my friends gossiped and did my toes.

"I can't believe you scored us reservations at Richmond Station!" Farrah Gushed

Caitlin turned around and added "I know it's supposed to be THE restaurant to go to, 4.5 stars!"

Sydney hopped up on the bed clearly enjoying all the praise and said "I told you, I'm a wizard all you muggles have just failed to see that"

I laughed at her comment, she is head over heals for that series she must have read the books 100 times and watched the movies 1000 times. She made the three of us ( Caitlin, Farrah, and I ) watch them as well many, many times in the ten years we've known each other.

" Some celebrity's might even show up" added Farrah

"Oh shit I totally forgot" Caitlin shouted

She got up on the couch and silenced us for an announcement.

"A certain celebrity is in town and is supposedly having a night on the town this evening. I had to invest ALOT of hours on Twitter to bring you this information many
gigabytes have been sacrificed BUT, it was worth it."

"Great speech and all C but you've failed to mention who this "mysterious" celebrity is" I said while inspecting my toenails

"Oh! Right the celebrity is ... Shawn Mendes"

Click.