Turning Tables

Joshua

"Happy Anniversary, babe!" I greeted as I remove the fold away from her eyes. she looked at me with her usual sparkling eyes. the thing I always wanted to see everyday of my life.

Today is our 6th Anniversary. 6 years of loving each other, 6 years of living together.

"Oh my God babe, thank you!" she went near me and hugged me tight. I handed her favourite flower before leading her way to her chair.

"You like it?" I asked.

"I love it babe, so much."

"You deserve it Mika. you deserve everything." I touch her hands while saying those. she smiled at me before handing me a medium size box.

"I know you've been eyeing it for a long time so I decided to buy you one. I can't wait to capture more memories with you babe." Mika said while looking at me intently.

I opened the box and got surprised from what I received from her. It was the latest DSLR I've been dying to have!

I look at her still smiling at the sight. this girl really knows how to make me happy.

"Babe, thank you! this is so.. this is so expensive! I don't think I deserve it. but, thank you." I said as I sat up from my sit. I hugged her lovingly, kissing the tip of her head.

We talked a lot of stuff, from the memories we had for the past 6 years of relationship. the struggles we've been through and future plans we are planning to fulfil not to soon. yes, not to soon.

"Babe, aren't you planning to settle down?" my mind came back to life hearing her asked.

"I mean, I understand naman na you wanted to pursue your dreams pa and you need more time to make it all fulfilled but don't you think it's time to settle things down? we're not getting any younger babe." she said with a serious tone.

We've been avoiding this topic since last year, we used to argue about this before so we chose not to brag it anymore, until this day.

"Babe, don't you think it's too soon? we still have forever to spent, we don't need to rush things." upon saying that, I saw her bow her head not able to say a thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mika so much. I really do. it's just that, I want her to patiently wait for me while chasing my dreams, this may sounds unfair to her but I hope she'll understand... as always.

I want to prove something sa sarili ko, sa family ko, sakanya. My photo studio isn't that settled yet. Mika supports me in everything that I do, she's been by my side since the very beginning until this day forward and I know she'll be with me for the next years to come..

I hope she will.

Mika deserves everything life could offer. I want her to have a wonderful future with me. 'yung hindi kami aasa kahit kanino when we've decided to get married and settle things once and for all.

She's ready I know, but I'm not.. not yet. I'm still building myself up. I'm still picking my pride up.

After the conversation we had,  Mika started to be so quiet the whole meal, I grab her hand and kissed it. looking at her with so much love.