I Thought You Said We Were Forever (Harry and Hermione)

I thought you said we were forever

With those last words he left us, left us alone. Just the two of us, it had just started to rain and with the cold night air blowing about it made it even colder outside. Hermione looks back to me, seconds after Ron leaves the tent.

"You aren't going to leave me too are you?" I ask her.

She looks outside in the direction he left once more. "No, I guess not." She sighs heavily. "Harry, I'm going to bed, I need some sleep. I'll see you in the morning ok?"

'The Next Morning'

I turn to see her smiling, curled up near the fire with a book. I walk over and sit next to her. She looks up at me. "Hey." She says softly.

"Hey, you alright?" I ask.

She nods in response and sighs heavily. "I'm worried for him."

I look back at here and pause for a moment before I speak. "I know you are, I am too." I shuffle close to her and she puts her head on my shoulder. I smile and put my arm around her.

"Hermione, you're freezing." I say.

I pull off my jacket and put it around her. She gives me a stern look. "Don't you worry about me I'll be fine, just warm up a little bit." She nods in response and smiles up at me.

About ten minutes later she's still cold as ever. "Go inside and warm up, I can take over the watch early."

Slowly she gets up and walks over to the tent. I look out into the woods, nothing is there, just darkness. I sigh and turn my attention to the fire in front of me, small flames dance around, but the snow and damp ground keep the fire from getting to big or providing much heat.

It seems like I've been out here for hours and I can see something in the distance. A small silvery animal, that looks like a patronus. It looks straight at me and I debate wether or not I should follow it further into the woods but I eventually decide to. It takes about five minutes before we arrive at a small pond and the silver doe disappears into the frozen water. I carefully step onto the ice, determining if it can hold my weight or not.

When I finally figure out that it'll be able to hold me I step forward and proceed to the very spot where the doe disappeared. I brush the light layer of snow from the icy surface of the pond. The sword, the sword of gryffindor is lying right there at the bottom, about 10 feet deep.

"Accio Sword" it doesn't work, I break the thin layer of ice and attempt the spell again. No luck, reluctantly I decide I'll have to swim down there to get it. I remove my t-shirt and dive down.

When the sword is only inches away from my hand I feel a tight pull around my neck. The locket, it must know that the sword has the power to destroy it. I struggle to swim up to the top. But I can't find the hole I had previously made in the ice. I try to pound on the ice hoping that by some miracle Hermione can hear me or I am actually able to create enough force to break through.

Panic starts to set it. I realize I can not breathe, so instead I just inhale a mouthful of Murky water. I slowly start to lose consciousness and feel somebody pull me out of the water.

"Hermione?" I call.

"Harry? Are, you...you alright? I..came out so sit with you a.... And you weren't there...so.. I... I started to call for you, and walk a little ways into... The ... The forest and I heard you... P...pounding on the.. I....ice." She mumbles shivering.

I walk to her, she has the sword in her hands. I smile at her. "You got it." She nods slowly, then coughs. "Let's get back, you're already freezing"I tell her

We walk back to the tent slowly. Before I knew it was Hermione who saved me I had a slight feeling it might have been Ron, but he left us alone and I hope he regrets it, he should regret it.

I sit down by Hermione, who is sitting in the corner of the tent on the stairs next to a small warm flame she had created surrounded by a small glass jar.

"You think that he'll come back?" She asks me.

I shake my head. "I'm not sure Hermione, he may try. But your enchantments are so strong it might be hard for him to find us again."

She doesn't make any noise and just rests her head on my shoulder. "I wish he was here, I worry for him." She replies.

I put my arm around her, she is still freezing cold, and I can't seem to figure out why. "Hermione, you're still so cold." I tell her. "Do you feel alright?"

"Yeah Harry, I feel fine." Hermione replies.

"If you feel sick don't hesitate to tell me, I can help you."

"I know." She replies softly. "So, what next?"

"We can destroy that thing." I suggest pointing to the horcrux, "get rid of it, I hate that thing."

I look over to Hermione, pale face, tired expression, soft speaking voice. I can't help but think that whatever is making her feel sick isn't a normal type of sickness. It might be something that could only be cured with strength, time and support. Is she really that depressed about Ron.

"Hermione?" I question. "Are you sure you're ok?" I ask.

"I'm fine." She reply shortly.

"Go get some sleep." I suggest. "Come on, lets go." I push her off my shoulder gently and stand up. She stands up too.

"We should go find him, Ron I mean, what if he's in trouble or got himself captured?"

"Hermione, your going to get too stressed out, get some rest and we can decide what to do later."

Finally I'm able to convince her she needs some rest and she goes over to the beds to lie down for a while. I walk out of the tent and sit against a tree making a small fire in attempt to keep myself warm in the cold winter snow. I shiver and pull my jacket tighter around myself. But even that doesn't seem to help my cause at all. I relax after a while and before long I hear a loud crash from inside the tent.

I get up and rush inside. Hermione is standing in the kitchen, clutching her hand. I stand shocked for a second before advancing towards her. I kneel down beside her and notice a cooking pot on the ground surrounded by hot water.

"Hermione?"

"I was going to make some tea and bring it out to you." She managed to say. "Its cold out."

"burn you're hand?" I ask concerned.

She nods. "Yeah I'll be fine." She laughs "Its okay."

"Go stick it in some snow or something." I suggest

She glares at me. "Sure that'll work?" She says laughing.

"What? We don't exactly have supplies here to heal that, at least it'll cool it down."

The next morning I call her name softly to wake her up. She smiles at me but doesn't say a thing when she wakes. I look at her hand, it seems to be doing okay now, it isn't as red as it was last night.

"Listen Hermione, I'm worried if we stay here too long the death eaters may be able to locate us. We have to re-locate later this afternoon."

"No! We can't what if Ron comes back? What if he is trying to find us?"

"I would like to stay too, but we can't risk being caught. They wouldn't hesitate to kill us both."

She nods. "I understand, when do we leave?"