Carnations

Beep beep beep beep beep beep.....

"Harry? Are you okay?" 

A pale white face stunned in shock stares at me and it seems light is flaring on his delicate complexion.

Beep beep beep beep beep beep.....

The cold leather seats are now lightening in the umbra of white.

A reflection past his face on his window frightens me.

Beep beep beep beep beep beep.....

Its a truck, large, and its headlights soon flash out the reflection.....

Beep beep beep beep beep beep.....

Images, images are erased into black, but then a flash startles me out of dream.

Above me, whispers and calling are sounding as the light becomes clearer and clearer....

A gown, yes, a gown. Blue, light shaded, its so thin and short-white patterns are on the blue.

Its-its a hospital gown, and sheets. White sheets are covering half of me, their soft and calming.

Then there's a sky, its white and cloudless. I'm staring up at it. But there are lights, they come from bulbs.

I'm in a bed, its large and there are bar like things caging me in it. 

I shift, everything is in clear sight now from blur.

The white is not a sky, its a ceiling. And there are walls surrounding me and the bed.

There are people, they-they have masks on their faces and wearing blue outfits. Doctors.

One of them turns to me, its eyes widen.

It says something but I can't make it out. Then all the doctors are around me, fiddling with me and mumbling.

Once again my body moves in lurge and they bluster into conversation.

I can't hear a word, they flash lights in to my eyes directly and I flinch, moving my head away.

It's like that light, in-in the reflection.

But now, now I can hear them. 

And I can hear that. That beeping sound it echoes and runs in a pattern as the doctors speak to me.

"Are you okay, Miss Peyton?"

"Can you hear us?"

"Do you feel any pain?" 

The last question, yes, yes there's a throbbing in my cranium and I feel like my irises are about to roll into the back of it.

My neck controls my head like a puppet master and forces it to nod at them.

There are smiles in there eyes at my response to their pondering questions. They continue to move around.

My eyes search around them, at myself.

Myself....right, who-who am I? They said Miss Peyton, were they referring to me?

"Sleep, Miss Peyton. You'll need the rest." one of the doctors commands me.

This whole time my eyelids have been anchors and they finally hit sea bottom.

I'm surrounded in black again, and then its like I'm washed away. 

Waisted into nothing........

~four hours later~

I'm awoken once again.