Prologue: And So It Begins (Edited)

A/N: Thank you all for you patience with this story line. I struggled a little bit in getting this back on track, but I believe revamping this had finally worked after considering scraping the whole thing. 

Hope you enjoy! And like always, like, comment or share :D 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The black sedan slowly drove up the long and winding road toward its desired destination. The driver was too focused on the road to pay any mind towards the sleeping teen in his backseat. As for the teen, she was oblivious to the world that lay behind the gates of the place she was heading.

Her new home for the next two years.

Her new future.

Her destiny.

The car came to a slow stop in front of a large and very intimidating iron gate. It was adorned with watchful gargoyles on both pedestals that held the hinges of the gate. When the gates opened up, the driver let out a low whistle as his eyes set upon the vast and pristine campus.

"You sure are a lucky girl," The driver commented even though his passenger was still fast asleep.

He took one glimpse at the girl and admired her beauty from the rearview mirror. However, he returned his gaze back on the road to drive towards the main building as he was instructed.

The sound and sudden jolt of a car door opening and slamming shut brought the sleeping beauty out of her slumber. Her light silvery-grey eyes adjusted to the sunlight and focused on her new surroundings. Her eyes widened and her jaw nearly dropped to the flow when she realized how beautiful the campus was.

Before her was a massive stone building. An extravagant water fountain was placed in the middle of the driveway to show the importance of the building. Within the fountain, the water was crystal clear and glistened even more due to the gorgeous sunny day.

Around her, she could see the cobblestones lining the pathway. She caught sight of luscious green grass and tall shadowing bearing trees. This place belonged in a fairy tale or a Hollywood movie, but no, this is where she was going to be living and she couldn't believe how lucky she was.

Students were walking around the building, brandishing different colored uniforms. Murmurs and whispers started to ensue as students tried to get a glimpse of the VIP guest behind the tinted windows. When the girl started to notice the attention she was acquiring, it reminded her of the reason behind her new living situation. This wasn't a privilege. This was a bargain. A replacement to where she was supposed to be.

It was then that she remembered she was an outsider. No matter where she was.

The door opened and she stepped out of the vehicle. Her long dark locks draped down her back and hid part of her face. Her hair swayed due the gust of wind rushing around her. Her light sun-kissed skin peaked through the holes and gaps of her baggy, rundown clothes. Her silvery-grey eyes gleamed bright as it caught the sunlight.

She was definitely a sight, even though she would never believe it herself.

"Get to class everyone," A voice bellowed as the sound of heels clicked against the stone ground.

A tall woman with short red hair walked up to the car and smiled brightly at the girl. Her dimples imprinted on her cheeks and her pearly white teeth on full display.

"Melinda, hi, and welcome to Beacon Academy," The woman greeted. "My name is Nicole, Nicole Haught. I am the headmistress here at this establishment."