Prologue

"Meg! Hey, are you okay?" These words were said all too often. Was I okay? Would I be okay?

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Thanks." I wiped the fresh trail of tears from my face. My friends and my family have been so worried about me since he broke up with me. Jared, he was my first real boyfriend, my first kiss.

In the beginning we were friends and I had known about his past relationships. I thought he'd be different, I believed him when he said he would.

"I told you I didn't approve of him. This is exactly what he did to every other girlfriend he's had."

"I know I know I know," I buried my face in my hands as I took in every word my best friend said. Kyle knows everything there is to know about me, and I about him. He is one of the sassiest guys I know and will do anything for the ones he loves. "I'll get over him eventually. It's j-just... He made me believe I was special, that he wouldn't be like that."

"That's what he does! He's a fuckboy! To be honest I'm surprised that you two lasted so long."

"Thanks, Kyle!" I threw my pillow at him, completely missing.

After hours filled with romcoms, ice cream, tears, and laughter, it was time for Kyle to head home. "Just remember, I have my car ready and we can go run him over any time."

"Heh, I know, Ky. Thank you."

"Of course, Meg," he wrapped me in the biggest hug ever, "At least now I'm not the only one who doesn't have a boyfriend."

"True. Now go home, hoe."

"Takes a hoe to know a hoe."

"Byeeeeee."

Usually, when I lay in bed I'm on Tumblr or watching videos on YouTube, anything to put off sleep. Tonight, I'm going through my phone's photo album and deleting everything I had of the relationship. On the bright screen read "36 photos selected". 36 photos from what I thought was the happiest time in my life. It was surprisingly too easy to press the delete button. All of those memories, gone.

Alpha Gay: hey, don't forget to pack for the Bahamas!!!!!!!! Two more days

Me: oh yeah! I almost forgot. It'll definitely be a great way to get my mind off of things

A trip out of the country...beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bathroom supplies. Check. Swimsuit. Check. Phone and charger. Check and check.
"All my bags are packed. I'm ready to go." I'm finally packed for this long overdue vacation. Today is the day we leave. Just me and my eight closest friends in an unknown place, away from family, away from stress.

"Meg!!" "My love!" "My baby!" "I'm gonna give her a hug first!" "Not if I get there first!"

All of my friends were here, ready to go. Sam and Chris were running full speed towards me to see who could hug me first. Jennie and Anna were running towards me, too, just a lot slower than the other two. Kyle and Al were checking out guys as they walked over and Matt and Jonathan were singing SnakeEater for whatever reason.

These people have been like family to me since my freshman year in high school. Over half of them had gone to universities on opposite coasts, only allowing us to text or Skype. Surprisingly, we all were able to gather today, two years after I graduated from high school.

"Don't worry, chick, we'll find something to get him off of your mind." Anna said, winking at me as she said the last part. She and Jennie were like sisters to me. Everyone here was like family.

"If it's a guy, though, he'll have us to answer to!" Sam had picked me up and spun me around like I was a princess or something. He may not look like much, but he sure can lift.

"We'd better get going or else we'll miss our flight."

"Nooooo!! Bae is waiting for me in the Bahamas!" Al didn't care, he threw his legs open every time he talked about his "bae".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know what this is... But we'll see what happens.