Finding a Camp

I walked upstairs after sitting downstairs watching TV.  I was never known for doing much, but this year I just graduated 8th grade and next year was high school so my mom wanted me doing more.  My mom kept pushing me to go to a summer camp and this year should be just like last year when she told me that I was going to a camp and then she got over it and I never went.  Turns out she tells me every hour and now I decided I'll go lock myself in my room.

"Izzy!" I heard my mom shout from the other end of the hallway.

"Yes mom?" this time I had a terrible attitude.

I turned around and there she was tapping her foot at me and I knew that I should just go look for a camp.

I rolled my eyes and told her, "I'll go look for a good camp now."

She smiled at me with her bright white teeth and went back to rehearsing her lines for the next movie she was starring in.  I walked up to the screen of our new computer and found that my mom circled this one camp called The Changer Camp.  She was really pushing me this time.  So if it was pretty that's where I was going.

After clicking on it there were just these gorgeous pictures of a wonderful lake and beautiful cabins.

"Mom!" I shouted from our computer room. 

Suddenly she was standing in the doorway.

"Great choice!  You were going there anyway.  I called them before you even got out of school," she smiled and told me more, "Start packing now!  You leave in two hours!"

I rolled my eyes and I was so ticked off.  I ran into my room and pulled out two suitcases.  One with clothes and another with all my electronics.  Then right before I finished my mom walked in and told me something that made me so angry.

"Sweetie, no electronics allowed.  Oh well leave that suitcase here," she told me in a sweet voice.

So I grunted and put it under my bed, pulled my suitcase with my clothes down the stairs and into the car. 

My mom got in the car and we pulled away from the house.  Little did I know so many things were about to change for me.