Sunshine

Sunshine- A Solangelo Oneshot-Competition entry

Nico leaned up from his bed, yawning. He stretched, then flopped back down, his gaze obviously not wanting to meet the sun.

The cabin's door was propped open.

Too late.

"Nico?" A soft, angelic voice echoed through the infirmary.

"Let me sleep, Will." Nico ordered into his pillow. "I'm not in the mood."

"Not in the mood for some black coffee?" Will raised a brow, smiling. "What did you do to Death Boy?"

"Fine." Nico got up, groggy as ever. "But don't expect me to be in a good mood."

"I won't." Will smiled warmly. Nico blushed.

"Why do you have to be so nice to me, Solace?" Nico questioned the son of Apollo. "I thought you didn't want to see me."

"Mister DiAngelo!" Will gasped, putting a hand over his heart. "I am offended! I wanted to see you more than anything! Did you help me? At all?"

"And the black coffee?" Nico raised a brow.

"That's because I want you to fill your stomach." Will made up an excuse. "I was going to give you some medicine after. You should be confiscated from Death-y stuff from now on! It drains you."

"Bu--"

"And no buts!" Will shut Nico up. "Doctor's orders!"

"Ugh, fine." Nico took a sip of the coffee.

"And while you're at it," Will held up a finger as if to stop Nico from thinking his rant was over. "Get some more sunlight. You're pale! Weren't you supposed to be a tan little Italian?"

"I'm also the son of Hades, Sun Boy." Nico said quietly. "I don't do 'sunlight'. In fact, the dark is basically the so-called 'sunlight' I basically need."

"That's ridiculous!" Will gasped, placing a hand over his mouth. "Why on Earth--"

"Pleased to meet you." Nico sarcastically introduced himself. "I'm Nico DiAngelo, brother of Bianca DiAngelo. Son of Hades. Prince of Darkness. Any hint there, Solace? Darkness."

Will pouted for a while, until his face lit up with ideas.

"What is it?" Nico eyed Will suspiciously.

"What if...." Will smirked.

"What if what?"

"What iiiif~" Will mused once more, still smirking. "You can get your tan back from spending time with me?"

"Excuse me?!" Nico was slightly taken aback from this idea.

"Maybe because you haven't spent enough time in the infirmary or if you've displeased my father." Will listed assumptions. "Either way, maybe somehow I can get your Italian tan back!"

"Solace." Nico simply stated his last name. "That is literally the most stupid idea I've heard from you."

Will's once excited expression molded into a flustered and embarrassed one as he hugged his knees and looked at the bed sheets beneath him.

Nico actually liked Will. A lot. During the Titan War, he cured the sick, healed the injured. He helped so many people... But he didn't give himself enough credit. Although his medical abilities were crucial, he wanted to fight. To actually serve the Camp.

But that wasn't the only reason why Nico liked Will. Will didn't treat him like everyone else did. He wasn't that creep to ignore. He was just... Nico. He was just like everybody else, always getting hurt, always needing Doctor Solace.

Nico leaned over to kiss Will's cheek. "But it's still the cutest thing I've heard from you." Nico finished his statement.

Will couldn't take it anymore. He hugged Nico.

It wasn't special or anything. No rubbing any special spots. No sending hickeys anywhere. Just a nice, tight hug. It was just like this for a while...up until Nico hugged Will back.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." Nico sang softly. Wow, Will thought. His voice...

"You make me happy when skies are gray." Will choked out, realizing how deep the lyrics were to him and Nico.

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you." Nico sang, his voice shaking. Was he crying too?

"Please don't....take my sunshine away." Will grasped onto Nico tighter , tears streaming down his face.

Nico pulled away from Will, scanning every inch of his beautiful face.

"Don't worry." Nico leaned closer to Will, inches from his face. "I won't."