Can you remember who you were before society told you who you should be?

You know how you don't really stop to think about what you're doing in the middle of walking or breathing or eating. You already know how to do it, so you don't have to think about it. You don't have to stop and say to yourself: "That's it. i'm going to lift my fork off the table, move it towards my plate, take some food then move it towards my mouth which I will open just enough for the food to go inside, then i will close my mouth, start chewing on my food while the enzymes in my saliva will break down the molecules. I will then swallow it and it will arrive to my stomach in about 3 seconds...". you don't have to do that because 1. It would be such a waste of energy (and we all know how important energy is to us this days, we just don't like wasting it at all on anything really, which is stupid, but true), 2. It would mean we really can do just one little thing at a time because how can you possibly walk and eat at the same time when you have to deeply think about it like it's some kind of extremely difficult maths task (I mean, can you actually solve a complicated maths problem and write a history essay at the same time? Nope), 3. Our tiny human brains would be so exhausted after so much thinking our heads might blow up (this is just one of my theories by the way). So to avoid all these things, evolution blessed us with the amazing capacity of doing all these things without having to consciously think about them. It's like an instinct. We just do it. Like we can breath without having anyone teach us how to do it. We just do it.
That's how life should be. We should just fucking follow our guts and stop letting society tell us what to do. We should just do what makes us happy and don't care what they think about us. We should grow up in our rhythm, do things our own way, like people because of their personality, not their looks or money or clothes. We should get lost in our dreams and ambitions and find ourselves in there.Once, 100 sheep just followed each other and fell into abyss just because the first few sheep were dumb enough to do it. That's a sad (but also kind of funny) metaphor for our society which is based on imitation. We are so obsessed with getting other people's approval that we just do what they do or what they would do and we break ourselves from the inside. We stop following our ancestral instincts. And now, a question. Can you remember who you were before society told you who you have to be?

Okay, so that's it. I know it's short and all that but I hope you like it (if anyone is even reading it). i just want to say that the title is a quote by Danielle LaPorte, so I'm not the genius who said it. It just inspired me. And I don't know how to bold this goddamned author's note!!!