Best Song Ever

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Meow.

Kylee and Katy here!  We are going to be writing this story together.  Hope you enjoy it!  We are also very crazy, so who knows what will happen.  (Katy has the hiccups.)  The characters are British, but we are from America, so some of the terms we use may not be completely correct.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Callie's POV

All I can hear is screaming.   I look over to Leena and smile because we finally made it.  The crowd starts chanting, "Wake up! Wake up!"

And then I wake up to Leena shouting at me to get up.  I look over at the clock and it's noon.  How did I sleep in so late on a day like this?

"Callie, get up already!  We have to go in half an hour!"

"Okay, okay, I'm awake!"  I say, getting out of bed.  I quickly hop in the shower and get dressed, throwing on my favorite dress.  I find a frozen croissant in the freezer and heat it up in the microwave for some lunch.  "Leena, I'm ready to go!"

"Do you have your guitar, capo, extra picks, extra guitar strap?"  Leena asks.

"I think so," I say, grabbing my guitar case.  "Let's go!"

Today is a very important day for us.  We are entering in a singing contest to try to win backstage passes to One Direction at the O2 Arena.  Leena and I have been practicing weeks for this competition.

We arrive at the radio station where the competition is hosted.  There are several others already here.

"I'm so nervous, Leena," I say as we walk through the crowd to the queue.

"It's alright, Callie.  We can do this!  We have practiced this for over a month.  We will be fine," Leena says, trying to console us both.  I can tell she is just as nervous as me though.

After we get our number, 72815, we sit in the lounge until they call us out.  I set up my guitar, tuning the strings and adjusting the guitar strap.  I strum a few chords to make sure it sounds alright as we wait.

What seems like hours later, the stage manager calls out "72815."

"Here we go," I say, standing up and taking a deep breath.  We both say a silent prayer and then follow the manager into the sound booth.

"Hello and welcome back to BBC Radio 1.  I'm your host, Matt James, and we are currently in the middle of our 'Sing for 1D' contest, in which one lucky contestant will win two front row seats to One Direction at the O2 Arena tomorrow night, plus backstage passes to hang with the band after the show.  Our next act is Caleena, but don't get confused, it's two girls," the host introduces us.  "What are you girls going to be singing for us?"

I look over at Leena for a moment, not sure who is going to speak.  We end up deciding in the way we always decide, a game of rock paper scissors.  Matt chuckles and narrates our game for the radio audience.  I choose paper and she goes with scissors, so Leena does the talking.

"We are actually doing a mashup of several songs off of One Direction's newest album, Four," Leena says into our microphone.

"Okay, well we can't wait to hear it!  Take it away girls!"

I'm about to begin playing the song when out of nowhere, a cat runs through the room. 

"No! Fluffly! Get Back Here!!!!!" Suddenly, a certain curly haired boy bursts into the room, chasing the cat.

"Well, it seems we have a surprise guest in the studio," Matt says into his microphone as Harry Styles catches the cat.

I look at Leena and then back at Harry, not believing that he is actually in the same room as us.

"Oh, sorry," Harry apologizes. "I was just finishing up an interview in the other room and then Fluffly decided to run away from me."

"Harry Styles everyone!" Matt exclaims.

"So, what's going on in here?" Harry asks.

"We are in the middle of our 'Sing for 1D' contest."

"Ooo, may we sit in?" Harry asks.

"I don't see why not," Matt answers.

"Lads! Come in here! Some girls are going to sing for us!"

I glance at Leena again, still not believing that Harry Styles is in the same room as us, but now the others are coming in too??

"Girls?!" Louis Tomlinson runs into the room, accidentally colliding with Harry, causing both of them to tumble to the floor in front of the door. Fluffly jumps out of Harry's arms and hides in the corner.

"Louis you need to calm down," Liam says, walking into the room. He doesn't see the other two laying on the floor and trips over both of them.

Leena and I burst out laughing at the scene in front of us as Niall enters the room, eating a slice of pizza. He notices the pile of boys, or should I say 'legal adults who act like boys', on the floor and chuckles.

Once everyone is back on their feet again, Matt speaks. "So, One Direction have decided to join us for this last performance. Girls, are you ready now?"

This is terrifying. One Direction is now in the room about to listen to us sing. I can't do this.

Leena looks over at me, and as if reading my mind, she says "You can do this!"

I take another deep breath as I finally begin to play our song. Leena starts off singing.

There's a lightning in your eyes
Then there's me inside a sinking boat, running out of time
Without you I'll never make it out alive
But I know yes I know we'll be alright

I join in as we switch into the next song of our mashup.

'Cause nobody knows you baby the way I do
And nobody loves you baby the way I do

We sing through our entire song, about as perfectly as we've ever rehearsed it. Throughout the entire song, I look down at my hands playing guitar, one reason being I was afraid I might move my hand in the wrong place and mess everything up, and the other reason being I'm way too nervous to look at the people watching.

I strum the final chord and applause fills the small room. I look up from my guitar for the first time since we began and find smiles one everyone's faces.

"That was fantastic girls," Matt says. "Did you boys like it?"

"It was absolutely incredible," Louis says. The other boys nod in agreement.

One Direction liked our mashup? I can't believe this! I can't believe they are even here.

"Thank you for participating in our 'Sing for 1D' contest, Callie & Leena," Matt says. "I wish you the best of luck!"