Flash

(A/N) Hi! I'd just like to thank everyone for the 300+ Reads and 42 votes! I hadn't imagined I'd get any reads on this story tbh, I just wrote it because Armin is my absolute favorite!!! Thanks again! :)

        Several more experiments with Hanji were conducted over the course of ten days, concluding the fact that (Y/N) cannot transform into a titan, but can heal similarly to one.

   *Your POV - In the cafeteria at dinner*

          I sat with the usual crowd, Armin on my right side while Eren and Mikasa in front of us, Eren and Armin chatted idly, passing the time. I blinked once, but upon opening my eyes, I was no longer in the cafeteria with my friends, but rather,... in a very dark and damp place.

          Trying to gaze through the darkness of the pitch-black room, I had yet to notice the chains that were strapped to my wrists and ankles. In fact, I couldn't even feel the chains around my limbs, I'd only just noticed them by spotting a shiny, metallic object out of the corner of my eye.

         I couldn't speak, I couldn't feel, only watch. Though, I also heard footsteps a little ways off, they seemed distant, and coming closer. I tried to yell for someone, anyone, and tried to pull free of the chains, but nothing that my mind screamed had any effect on the scene before me.  A shadow appeared as the door creaked open, the figure standing in the door held a bag that contained objects unknown to me.

         The figure didn't seem to move in a natural way, my vision blacked out for a millisecond and the figure would move closer, the last think I saw was a large grin, the piercing whites of the figures eyes, and a sharp object pointed at me, before I felt someones hands on my arms, the person was attempting to shake me.

         That's when the person in front of me focused and I could recognize them as Armin. "Why are you crying (Y/N)?! " He asked, worry clouding his gaze as he looked at me, I brought one hand to feel my cheeks dampened with my own salty tears. "I-I don't know...." I mumbled and pulled away from his grasp. I wiped away the tears with the sleeve of my white button-up shirt, then I grabbed my tray and threw away the food that remained on it (Which was all of the food I'd received with the exception of two bites taken out of the bread and a quarter glass of water).

         Quickly heading out of the cafeteria, I ignored the calling of my name and headed out to the training field. Few trees scattered the area, I sat around the opposite side of the farthest tree so anyone heading out of the same doors I'd exited through wouldn't see me right away. I sat with my head on my knees as I hugged my legs, blocking out all sounds and sights from around me as I tried to recollect my thoughts.

    *Armin's POV*

          I chatted with Eren and Mikasa while I picked at my dinner. The recent events have left me with a small appetite, so I'd only eaten a few bites of the soup and bread. I attempted to steal a glance at (Y/N), though I hoped she wouldn't notice. My gaze locked onto her beautiful figure.... 'Keep it together Armin,' I scolded myself. Though something seemed, off,  about (Y/N) right now, as though she was in extremely deep thought. Tears brimmed her eyes as she was unable to control whatever emotions flowed through her mind.

         I carefully poked her, trying to snap her out of her trance-like state, but it didn't work. Growing frantic after a few more attempts, I firmly grabbed her arms and shook her softly, the tears now flowing freely down her (S/C (Skin color) ) cheeks. 

         Finally her gaze focused on me, and for a moment she didn't seem to know where she was. "Why are you crying (Y/N)?! " I asked, worried, trying to figure out what I could do to help her. Her gaze dropped to the floor. " I-I don't know...." She mumbled, wiping away the tears. (Y/N) picked up her tray and swiftly dumped it before heading outside. 

         Sitting there in shock for a moment, I glanced over at Eren, who simply nodded his head in the direction (Y/N) had escaped to. He was signaling for me to follow after her. I quickly stood and ran out of the cafeteria, ignoring the few stares from people as I made a disrupting exit.

        I walked around the outside for a moment before quickly noticing (Y/N)'s familiar figure sitting against a tree. I heaved a sigh of relief and relaxed slightly, walking up to her I sat down, not saying a word. For many moments we sat in silence, her head rested on her knees. Finally, she moved, only to lift her head and rest it against my shoulder. I tensed up slightly at her gesture and blushed, but forced myself to relax once more and wrap one arm around her shoulders.

        "Armin...." (Y/N) murmured quietly, her tone in almost a whisper. "Yes?" "Promise you won't hurt me..." I was shocked by her words, who would ever want to hurt her? Had someone done so before? Forcing myself to stay calm, I simply pulled her in a little closer to my side. "I promise..." Soon her breathing eased as she drifted off into sleep in my arms.

(A/N) - Sorry for grammar or spelling mistakes, I didn't get a chance to read over this chapter. Hope you liked it! :)