1. The Boy

HI GUYS I just wanted to say that I'm super sorry for not updating in over a year. I didn't think anyone was reading so I didn't think it was worth it. But I decided to get back to it, like, a week before school starts. So, here goes! And please excuse my unoriginal names cause I'm starting school and I just really like Dan and Phil okay?

Okay so I was in the middle of writing this chapter and I was looking back on chapter one as a reference, and I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED CHAPTER ONE AND I SERIOUSLY FEEL LIKE CRYING RIGHT NOW I'M SO UPSET and I'm so sorry so instead I'm going to make this chapter one. *sighs* I'm so disappointed and upset. They should really do one of the notification thingies where is says "Are you sure you want to delete this?" so I could be like HELL NAH.

* * * * * * * *

Talia's POV

"Hello Los Angeles! Thanks for listening to Star 110.8, your favorite radio station. Here's a little song requested by a listener named Tyler, called Papercut by Zedd featuring Troye Sivan. So just relax and enjoy guys." I say into the microphone. I love my job.

"Talia, we're gonna be doing some interviews in an hour or so. You can either stay here and watch or take a break. It's up to you." My coworker, flatmate, and best friend Dan tells me.

"Sounds good Dan. Are you and Phil doing the interview?" I ask. (A/N: Sorry I'm phan trash just deal with it)

"Yeah we are. It's this band that's starting to get incredibly popular. They're called 5 Seconds of Summer. Heard of them?"

"Of course I have. We get requests for their songs all the time. They're gonna be here in studio?" I play their songs all the time. Some of them sound familiar to me for some reason.

"Dan! We need to get ready!" My other coworker, flatmate, and best friend, Phil, shouts from the other room.

"Coming Phil! See you later Lia." Dan smiles at me then goes into the other room.

* * * * * * * *

Calum's POV

"So what's this radio station called?" Michael whispers to me.

"Star 110.8. Apparently, it's pretty popular here in LA." I whisper back. We're currently inside the radio station, waiting to get interviewed on air.

"5 Seconds of Summer? Come on in here." Someone calls from inside the booth. We all walk inside to see two very tall guys and a girl with her back turned.

"Alright Los Angeles! We have Australian band 5 Seconds of Summer in studio with us right now! Our very own Dan and Phil will be interviewing them right after this next song, so stayed tuned! Up next is a new song from Disclosure featuring Sam Smith. This one's called Omen." The girl says into a microphone. Not just any girl though.

"Holy shit." I whisper.

"Calum don't swear." Ashton scolds.

"But that's Lia." I stare at her wide eyed. It's been a year.

"I know. But we can't do anything about it. We'll just see how this goes." Ashton responds calmly. I don't know how he's so calm right now. Literally all I can think about is Talia. Meeting her. Loving her. Losing her. All of it.

"Hi guys! So, I'm Phil, and this is Dan, and we'll be the ones interviewing you, alright?" The tall, black haired boy introduces himself and the tall, brown haired boy next to him.

"Hey boys, I'm gonna go watch from the other side of the booth. Have fun alright?" Talia tells the two boys.

"Why don't you interview us as well?" Luke blurts out.

"Why, are you hitting on me or something?" My short Talia jokes, standing up to Luke. He's almost a full foot taller than her.

"Uh, the more the merrier?" I can tell Luke wasn't prepared for her to question him. Back then, Luke and Talia were so trusting of each other. They kind of became like siblings.

"Lia join us! It'll be fun!" Phil tells her.

"Sure? Why not." Talia responds, sitting down with the rest of us.

"Okay boys, so we're just going to ask you a few questions. Some are weird, some are random, some are personal. Is that okay?" Dan asks.

"Yeah that's cool. Whatever you guys want to know." Michael responds.

"Alright, we're back in five." Phil says.

"Four." This time it's Talia. I've never seen her look so serious. She had talked about how excited she was for this job last time I saw her.

"Three." Dan tries to look at Phil while keeping a straight face, but fails.

"Two." Phil laughs as well.

"One." Talia's so focused. She smiles at me though. My world stops, and just like that, I fall in love with her all over again.

"Hello LA! Welcome back to Star 110.8, your station for all your favorites. I'm Dan Lester."

"I'm Phil Howell!"

"And I'm Talia Faith!" Talia's enthusiasm makes all the boys smile. I can tell they all missed her as well.

"And who are we here with today?"

"WE'RE FIVE SECONDS OF SUMMER."