CHAPTER 1

Notes: This is three weeks after he 'changed'; he hadn't been 'around' for the last three weeks so you went to visit him. 

= Your POV =

     You yawned and sat up in your bed, blinking the sleep from your blurry eyes. Since you were already awake, you got up and got dressed in some black sweatpants and a (f/c) T-shirt. You probably weren't going anywhere special, as it was summer vacation in Forks, Washington. Of course, it wasn't hot - it was Forks. Rain was almost always falling, and when it wasn't, it was gray and gloomy. Yet you were used to it. Besides, you had many friends there. That made you remember! You were driving to La Push to see Jacob Black today. Jake was your best friend. You'd known each other since for as long as you could remember; both of you had always lived in the same place. For the last three weeks, he hadn't called or asked you to come over. It made you uneasy. You were inviting yourself to the Black's residence.

~~ Timeskip to Jacob's House ~~

     You knocked on the door. 

"Come in," Billy's voice called. You opened the door gingerly. 

"Hi. Is Jacob here? I've been worried." You said before he could greet you. 

"Umm..." he looked thoughtful, before realizing that you already knew that he was there. "Yes," he sighed. "I don't know if he's awake yet." 

"Can I go up?" You asked. Billy nodded grudgingly.

You walked lightly up the stairs and peeked into Jake's room. He was sprawled on his bed, hair bedraggled and eyes closed. He looked so...

Cute.

He was curled up and obviously asleep. You didn't know if you should wake him. Suddenly, he moved and stretched, blinking warily. His eyes rested on you. 

He hesitated. It almost looked like he was mad. 

"Hi, Jake," you said awkwardly. 

"Why are you here?" Jacob asked in a suspicious tone. Taken aback slightly, you stepped backwards a bit, suddenly nervous. 

"I... wanted to know... where have you been?"

"I..." Jacob sighed. 

He paused. 

= Jake's POV =

Do I tell her? She's my best friend. Well, I wish I was more than that... but that isn't the point right now, I thought. Maybe I can tell her everything. Including... I paused in thought. But what if I was rejected? What if she didn't love me back? I sighed.

"Tell me," she pleaded.

"I can't." 

It came out in a whisper. She looked heartbroken.

"I thought that you trusted me," she murmured.

"I do!" I exclaimed, almost too loud. I lowered my voice. 

"Then why can't you tell me? You don't like me anymore? Where have you been anyways, with a girl or something..." 

I have to tell her. I love her, and I have to know if she loves me too.

= Your POV =

     The words came out too fast. "With a girl." That made it sound like I was jealous. If he had been hanging out with a girl, I would be jealous. 

"No!" He replied. 

"Then where have you been?" The words got caught in your throat painfully. "Never mind. I'm going home." 

"(y/n)! Don't go. I'm sorry. I'll tell you everything."

You glared at him. "I don't want to know now anyways." You turned and stormed out of the house, ignoring Billy's questions. Jake came scrambling after you. 

"Jacob! Leave me alone! I'm going home!" You spat when he tried to stop you. 

= Jake's POV =

     I'm going to say it. I need to tell her everything.