You can Let go Now Daddy

The day I walked in with my first boyfriend, my mother pulled me into another room. "Poverty! Hunny, I have to talk to you." in her serious, stern voice of hers she called on me. "One second Curtis. Sorry."

Oh great, its going to be the boyfriend lecture I get! Yay, just what i need at this time. Grandfather is sick, Grandma is getting ill and the last thing mom needs to being doing is giving me the boy lecture. Can't she worry about them, and not me? Well here goes nothing.

"I'm here mom. You wanted me?" I was here for nothing. Nothing at all, and then, she gets all serious. Great, it's another one of these, the 'seriosus boy lecture.'

"Pov, I honestly don't know how to put this." My father has depression issues, and when things come to a sudden halt, all he things about is how he isn't going to be okay, because things went wrong once, so he thinks things are going to go wrong forever.

My mother let out a sigh of relief. "Your Grandfather just passed with in the last 3 hours, and since then your grandmother has been placed in the hospital. Since she found out your grandfather passed, shes lost it. They have ran test on her, and things aren't good." I have lost it... I can't stand the fact that within a week i have to visit my grandfather in a casket lying there dead. Just the thought makes me sick. I'm crying so loud and non-stop, Curtis follows the gasps of air. I hear a knock on the door then followed by a voice "Pov, you okay? Can I come in?"

"Mom, now was a bad time." I say softly. "I'll be back after Curtis leaves, and you can finish. He came for a reason, and he didn't come to see me or you like this. Kay? i love you." I got up and walked out of the room. Once I shut the door and took a few steps down the hall, I heard my mom start to cry. "I think I just hurt her." I turned to Curt.

"I think you should go check on her. I'll just go out back and wait for you. No worries sweetie. I think it's best if you go talk to your mom about it. Go on, I'll wait outside for you, Your worth it all Pov. i love you"

All I could think about after he said those words... sweetie...your worth it all...i love you... Did he seriously just say those words? Seriously, man, after everything that I'm going through right now, I think those are the best, most up lifting words I have heard, and words i need. "I love you too! I'll be out as soon as I can." I walked back those few steps, and into the room, all mom could do was look up and me and say, "That boy is so understanding. I think he's the one"

What exactly did my mom mean by that? She was talking about one thing, and then when i walk back in, she's talking about another. "Mom, wh-what do you mean by that exactly?" The tears started to run down my face again. All she did was used her bare hands, never before has she done that, and wiped away my tears.