prologue.

The crowds of students at Greenway High stood in their separate, stereotypical cliques- from the underdressed cheerleaders to the childishly obnoxious jocks. It was a sight similar to those broadcasted in movies or wrote about in books. As the casual chatter rustled through the crisp air, some talking about the upcoming tests or about the deathly classes, and most - at least 95 percent of the high school population - talking about the latest drama following Tyler Pennies Saturday night party.

Suddenly the babble slowed to a sudden halt as an eery atmosphere rose. Heads turned to the metal gate entrance and shocked stares landed on the petite, worn-out female who slowly made her way through the sea of onlookers. Her entire demeanor had changed in a few measly days, from the cheeky and bubbly teenage girl to a saddened and timid female. And everybody knew exactly why.

Everyone watched as the normal sassy and quirky teenager mope through the crowds, ignoring the murmurs and whispers buzzing into her ears. Her bouncy brown locks now pulled into a careless bun, her healthy glow now dull and lifeless and her usually fashionable outfits replaced withsweatpants, hoodie and scruffy converse- something that only a few people had ever saw her in. It was a sight that made jaws drop, nose's wrinkle and caused utter confusion sweep through each.

Gulping harshly, she kept her head bowed and continued her hurried steps, and being the clutts she was, she occasionally trip over her own two feet.

"Is that really her? She looks awful!" A whisper sounded from one of many groups.

"I'm surprised she even showed her face today, or even ever again, especially after Saturday. I would be absolutely humiliated." Another murmured, trying to keep their voices to a maximum lowness. But she heard it. She heard them all.

Rushing into the boring but colourful building, she only wished to run away. Break free from the stress, the humiliation, the rumours, the taunts - everything she was about to endure in the next few hours. As her small feet padded along the hallway, landing on the murky looking tiles with elegantly soft patters, she approached the dusty grey locker and twisted in the combination. Her heart rate increased as her heartbroken gaze fixated on the picture collage hanging on the locked door.

She was happy. She was ecstatic. She was in love - they both were.

Slamming the door shut with watery irises, her bare forehead pressed against the cold metal as she clamped her eyes shut and inhaled a shaky breath. As students walked past, staring at the broken girl standing alone at her locker and whispering about the newly picked up rumours, they suddenly parted like the red sea as he came into view.

"Oh my God.." A few gasped, their eyes widening and following every movement of the tall and muscular male whom innocently walked through the growing crowds. Being closely followed by his best friends, he ran a hand through his tousled hair and licked his lips in a nervous habit as he drew nearer to her.

She felt the smouldering gaze rest of her drowning figure causing her head to rise and her attention to turn. Feeling her stomach drop and her heart plummet, she suddenly straightened and gulped painfully. He looked as attractive as ever and it made her wonder if he felt half as much heartbreak as she did. If only she knew he felt like breaking down the moment his hypnotising orbs landed on her shaking figure.

With students rushing across the hallways, joining in huddles to watch the drama about to unfold, the school fell into an almost silence.

It seemed like it was in slow motion, his steps, his glances- his heart breaking. She could do nothing but wait at the sidelines with no support and no help. Her frail arms hugged her body but it wasn't the same as his; his strong embrace encircling her, holding her close even when she pushed him away.

His daring eyes diverted towards her as he past, locking gazes and exchanging a thousand words without one being spoken. His golden brown orbs darkened as they swam with hurt and pain, and he needed her to see the consequences of her actions.

As he stared for what felt like an eternity at the pale complexion girl - whom still looked beautiful in his eyes and was a daily victim of his string of compliments, even when she was at her worst. - and he felt his heart clench. She was bare face, just like he liked, but heavy and dark bags lay beneath her lifeless irises. Her lips were dry and chapped, her nose slightly red and her cheeks flushing- but not from one of his cheesy jokes, or pick up lines she was used to.

She was no longer radiant - She was no longer his radiant Blue.

Breaking away, he dropped his head and continued walking. Walking away from her, away from his past and away from the one girl who stole his shielding heart. She felt like collapsing, crying and pleading from him to return, but it was too late.

Falling in love was never a part of their plan, but neither was heartbreak.