The Hobbit and Friend

Ridia Avalon Dan 

The names Ridia Avalon Dan, call me that and you’re as good as dead. So please, for self-preservation call me Rider. I am a mix of Elfish and shifter blood and my animal is a Wolf.

    I am 19 years old and have lived with no family since as far back as I remember. I was brought up my hobbits and have lived in the Shire my whole life. My adoptive parents are the good family of the Took, this family lives over the other side of the river than the main village.

    At a young age I knew I was different. I was always taller than the other children and much stronger, it was pretty obvious that I did not have hobbit heritage but the Took family loved me all the same, and for that I thank them for.

    My cousin, Bilbo, and I always would go out playing in the forest, playing games, pretend sword fights and having ‘adventures’. At the age of 10 Bilbo and I became less connected as he grew content with his books, I became more thrilled with the outside world. So, I started to train. Running and climbing in the forest is one of the greatest experiences I had.

   When I turned 14 the Took family was wiped out and I being the only survivor started and new life in the village across the lake. No one noticed my existence and certainly not the Baggins’s. It was then when I thought my live couldn’t get any harder, I shifted.

    Since then I have worked hard to improve my skills in fighting, running, climbing and shifting. But enough with the sappy past, and time for some facts.

Name: Ridia Avalon Dan

Nick Names: Rider, Val, Button

Age: 19

Height 5’6

Real Parents:  Acromia Cross (Elf, dead), Cristiano Dan (Shifter, dead)

Adoptive Parents : Josephina Halos (dead), Halimas Took (dead)   

Talents:  Singing, hand-to-hand combat, tumbling, track and fighting

Lives: The Shire

Hobbies: Singing, fighting, drawing, running

Race: Half Elf, Half Shifter

Oh, and one other thing, don’t get on my bad side

Chapter 1

----- I am sorry if you dislike the changes I made to the adventure, but I only discovered ‘The Hobbit’ when the movie came out. I will try to read the book but this is purely based on the movie and my imagination -----

Rider’s P.O.V

As I packed up for the second time in my life I trough over my shoulder endless rucksack that I had bought on the black market. The rucksack bounced off my back making contact with my twin swords that were strapped securely by leather and buckles. I also had the insurance of my two daggers strapped under the slits that covered the bottom skirt half of my dress.

    As I closed the door I actually began to wonder why I was following Gandalf’s instructions/orders. I never follow orders. I sighed to my self as I continued up the path ahead to the center of town and into the hub of the celebration of Hogsworth’s birthday. As I made my way through the crowd I spotted a small hole on the side of the Hill that had a warm glow filtering around the abnormally large figure bending down to enter the den of a hobbit.

   I quickly descended the slope and as I came closer to the top I became faintly aware that I was following a hooded figure like myself. His height, well I assumed it was a he as he had board shoulders and a heavy boots that made the tiny pebbles cascade down the path. He stopped at the hole with the tiny golden inscription at the base of the door and curved the path he had just followed. But before he could catch a glimpse of me I dropped to the rocky path as if I was my whole body was drawn to it. I stayed in this position until I heard the door shut and hearty laughter echo’s trembling from inside the hobbit hole, then after the laughter had subsided and the voices started to drift down one of the many corridors of a hobbit hole, I started to scale the path again on the tips of my fingers and the tips of my toes.