Prologue

One warm day, a young boy with pink hair woke up in a wide clearing, looking for his father. "Igneel! Hey Igneel!!" The boy screamed and ran around, looking for his dragon father. Tears streamed down the boy's face when his father was nowhere to be seen. The boy's stomach started to growl. "I should go get something to eat. I'm not in the mood to fish. Maybe I can sneak some fish from the town." The boy slowly trekked to the nearest town. He found the fish booth and tried to take some, but the owner saw him and started to yell. "Thief! Thief!" The boy was frightened and accidentally lit his fists on fire. His flames lit booth after booth on fire. The owners were furious and were about to run the boy out of town. A carriage pulled up and a blond man stepped out. "What is going on here?!" He demanded. "This brat just tried to steal from my booth!" The owner screamed. "Then he lit everyone else's booths on fire!! He's going to have to pay for this!" "Is this true kid?" The blonde man asked. "It was an accident." The boy said quietly. The man sighed. As he contemplated on what to do, a female voice called out from the carriage. "Jude? What's taking so long?" A beautiful blonde woman stepped out. "I'm coming Layla. I'm just trying to figure out what to do with this child." Layla looked at the boy and knelt down to him. "Are you lost?" She asked quietly. "My dad was here, but I don't know where he went." The boy said sadly. Layla thought of a solution to the problem. "Jude, why don't we bring him with us? The town obviously wants him to pay and we normally give payments to this town. He can work off the money with us." Jude thought about it for a minute, and then gave in to his wife's idea. Layla looked back at the young boy. "What's your name Sweetie?" "Natsu Dragneel."