Chapter 1- Coming Home

Jordan turns off the car with a flick of his wrist. The engine dies with a soft hum as he pulls the keys out and opens the door. Locking the car and pocketing the keys, Jordan turns toward Tucker's house. Sonja had recently moved in to live with her boyfriend, a much anticipated step for all of their small pack. Jordan knocked on the door after making his way from where he parked his car in the small driveway. A few seconds of silence passed before shuffling could be heard on the other side. Then, the door burst open Sonja smiling at him widely, her soft beta scent wrapping around him in a calming way.

"Hey, Jordan! Tucker's just finishing getting ready, come in." She moved back to give him space to walk in then closed the door behind them.

"What time is James and Tom's flight coming in?" Jordan asked before taking one of Sonja's hands and bringing it close to him to scent lightly in greeting. Her scent was subtle as a beta but still present to the omega. The scent was salty but light, like a breeze by the beach.

"In about an hour. It takes about half ah hour to drive to the airport so we should leave soon." Sonja smiled at her omega friend when he dropped her wrist and pulled him in closer so scent through his hair. Even though her nose wasn't nearly as sensitive as the rest of her pack she could smell Jordan's pungent vanilla and cinnamon smell, sickly sweet with hints of earthy spice curling around the edges. Sonja took a step back after a few moments and ruffled his hair for good measure.

"I'm going to go get Tucker, you can just wait here I'll be back." Sonja turned and started toward the hallway, something like 'stupid omega boyfriend' muttered under her breath. Jordan chuckled quietly as Sonja left to find Tucker and went to sit on the couch. He dug his phone out of his pocket and turned it on. Bringing up Twitter and scrolling down, he sighed. It wasn't often that their small, tight knit group was all together seeing as two out of the five of them lived in another country. It was always exciting to have Tom and James in the the U.S. and finally have their alphas around. During the in between times, Tucker tried playing proxy-alpha but it wasn't a satisfying as having Tom or James. Nothing against the older omega, but Jordan could always see it taking a toll in him too.

"Geez Sonja..." Tucker's grumbling voice broke Jordan out of his thoughts and he glanced back to see Sonja with a grumpy Tucker not too far behind. Jordan jumped up from his spot in the the couch with a smile on his face and nearly bounding over to Tucker.

"Hey, Jordan." Tucker greeted with a small smile. He opened his arms and let the other hug him enthusiastically. Jordan sniffed along Tucker's neck and was hit by the older omega's thick, warm salted caramel smell. The salty undertones of his scent always came out and made themselves known when Tucker was angry. Jordan giggled and pulled away with a smirk.

"Why you so salty Tucker?" Jordan asked in an innocent voice, though he knew how much the man hated when they picked on his salty scent.

"I'm not salty! This one-" Tucker turns and points over at Sonja. "Comes in and starts forcing me to get ready faster."

"We have to go pick up Tom and James from the airport!" Sonja exclaimed. "Jordan was already waiting, we're going to be late Tucker."

Tucker shrugs and looks over at Jordan. "Those knothead alphas can wait. It takes a while to look this good." Tucker rolls his eyes and smiles jokingly. 

"Yeah, I get it Tucker. Us omegas got to stick together." Jordan says and slings his arm to rest around the others shoulder.

Sonja just shakes her head. "Come on assholes." She turns and walks to the door. Tucker and Jordan follow obediently and walk behind the beta out to her car. Sonja climbs in the drivers side and Tucker takes shotgun, leaving Jordan to sit in the back. He inhales deeply as he buckles in, the couples scents mingling and playing off of each other. Jordan smiles at the two up front as they talk back and forth. Sonja pulls out of the drive way and starts toward the airport.