Little Things (Sequel To Gotta Be You)

Chapter 1: Reunite

Jess:The music stopped and The show finished before me and Zayn pulled ourselves apart. I looked into Zayn’s eyes. They had that read blotchy look you always get after crying. His smile was gleaming bright and he looked so happy. “Jess. Oh, Jess, I am so sorry. I’m so so sorry. I can’t believe I did that. I know I should never hurt you. I wish I could take it back. Oh, Jess...” his apologies were cut of by my lips meeting his again. A tap on Zayn’s shoulder pulled us apart. The other guys stood behind Zayn. They were grinning broadly as well.

“Would you mind if we welcomed back this beautiful young lady as well?” Harry asked. Zayn smiled and nodded, moving out of their way. “Hey you,” Harry said, hugging me. I hugged him back, happy to feel his friendly hug.

“Hey,” I said. I looked at the others. Louis stood with his arms crossed. He didn’t seem quite as happy as the rest.

“Louis,” I said, biting my lip.

“Jess,” Louis said, coldly. I looked down at my beat up Converse.

“Louis, chill. She just got back,” I heard Liam say. I took a deep breath.

“Jess, I can’t believe you. I have half a mind to say leave. Now I won’t do that just because that would only hurt Zayn more, but still. Do you know how much you hurt him? Do you know how much you hurt all of us?” Louis asked. I wasn’t used to seeing him so angry. I just closed my eyes before responding. His words echoed in my mind Do you know how much you hurt all of us?

“I know. And I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry to all of you. I didn’t mean to hurt any of you. Especially you Zayn,” I said. Zayn smiled and looked down at his bright red Nikes.

“I know. And nor did I you. And Louis don’t worry about it. She’s back now and thats all that matters. Not that she left or anything. She is back and nothing else should matter,” Zayn said.

“Fine. If none of the past four weeks matters or that she broke a promise then I guess its all good,” Louis said coldly. I looked down at the ground and took a few deep breaths.

“It doesn’t matter, Louis. Now if you could please drop it,” Harry said stepping in. Louis took a deep breath before dropping his gaze to the floor.

“Sorry,” he said. It had an edge that told me it wasn’t sincere. I sighed. He’d come around. Liam walked up and hugged me.

“He’s right about one thing though. We all missed you,” he said into my ear. I smiled.

“I missed you all way too much,” I said back. Niall tapped Liam on his shoulder.

“My turn!” he said. I laughed, hugging him.

“Hey guys I hate to break up this totally touching moment but, um could I have you sign these?” the show’s DJ asked. They all nodded and took turns singing the same ear cup as I had.

**********************************

Zayn: That show after Jess had came back was the best of all the ones I could remember. We set up Jess’s booth in the place we usually did so she could see if we would need anything such as lyrics whispered into our earpieces and such. Her eyes were always trained on the stage. Everyone at the show seemed so much more vivid. I performed better that I had in four weeks. I could see the girls screaming in front of me. Of course they were overpowered by Jess’s  beautiful eyes staring back at me.

The show ended and about ten minutes afterward Jess walked into the dressing room. She was smiling, “Great show guys,” she said. She walked up to me and put her arms around my neck and kissed my lips quickly. Then she turned to the other guys, “So what’s the post show plans?”

“Another after party,” Louis said, pulling on a striped white sweater over his head. Jess smiled.

“Sweet! I mean this time I won’t have anyone to hang out with but...” I cut Jess off.

“What do you mean you won’t have anyone to hang out with?” I asked.

“I mean this time I don’t have... oh yeah!” Jess said remembering. She no longer had to hide from anyone. Everyone knew she was with me now.

“Yep,” I said, smiling.

“Huh. Tonight is the first night I can publicly be with you since before XFactor,” Jess said wistfully. I thought about that for a second.

“Wow. Your right. I’m so sorry about that,” I said. I shook my head and looked at my shoes.

“Don’t be. I was the one who asked for that,” Jess said. She was right. I still felt a small piece of guilt.

“You guys ready?” Niall asked. I noticed he was redressed along with everyone else. I nodded. We were ready.