Chapter One Tauriel

Five years after Christine has died.

Anthony looks down at his clipboard. "All right. Last Up next is Tauriel."

Swallowing nervously, Tauriel steps out from behind the curtains and walks to the center of the stage. She blinks at the lights, and cant help but stare at the handsome man over in the corner,in the shadows,Even though half his face is covered by a mask. And then she takes a deep breath.

Erik notices her looking at him,She has a freckled face,Green eyes,long Red hair. Pretty though he had to admit.

"Who knows when love begins? Who knows what makes it start? One day it's simply there. Alive inside your heart..."

Mr. Y grips tightly on the catwalk from above as her voice fills his ears. "Beautifully done Miss Tauriel. But I am afraid we cant hire you."

The Casting Director, Anthony Blockman, lifts his eyes upward to where Mr. Y hides in the shadows. "Nonsense! Your Hired my dear!"

She claps. "Thank you!" She leaves the stage

Erik glares at Anthony.

Anthony:Sir, We need someone with talent or no one will come to the shows."

Erik cant help but smirk at that.

He disappears into the shadows but bumps into Tauriel.

Erik:Oh,I am sorry my dear."

Tauriel blushes:No problem."

Erik gives her a disapproving look,She is Certainly no Christine.

Tauriel:You're Him. Aren't you?"

Erik:If by HIM you mean,The Phantom. Then Yes. I am him."

just then his son comes over to him. And hugs him.

Gustave:Father,Please I'm scared."

Erik hugs him back:It's alright my son. Your safe,And you always will be. I will always protect you."

Gustave looks at Tauriel:Who is this?"

Erik:This is Tauriel,Our new lead singer."

Gustave:She's pretty."

Tauirel blushes.

Tauriel:Thank you,How old are you?"

Gustave:I am Fifteen."

Tauriel:fifteen? Wow."

Gustave smiles:How old are you?"

She laughs:thirty-three."

Erik:Well,We better go."

he gives a quick farewell head bow to Tauriel.

They leave

Gustave:Father?"

Erik:No."

Gustave:But-She's perfect or you!"

Erik stops:For me? I thought you meant for
You."

Gustave laughs:No Father! For You! Go after her! She looks looks and sounds like Mother."

Erik:That's Why my son. Now, Go back up stairs, And finish your song."

But he smiles at him.

Gustave:Yes sir."

Erik stands there for a minute.

Tauriel:Sir?"

Erik Jumps in surprise.

Erik:Look miss-"

Tauriel:I want you to give me singing lessons."

Erik raises his eyebrows in surprise.

Tauriel:Please sir! I will be good I promise! I will work hard,and do what you tell me!"

Erik:Let me think it over."

He then leaves.

Tauriel just wants Mainly to hear him Sing.. Not knowing she has Already..

Darkness descends over Cony Island. The phantom buries his head in his hands, his elbows resting on the piano, the keys creating a cacophony of notes. He looks up slowly at the chandelier above him that flickers in the lights of the wax candles.

"Once there was a time, when your song could give me life. I longed for it. I pined for it."

His fingers delicately press down on the keys, his head still turned upward.

"And then I had you. Your voice was mine for one brief moment in time. And now...and now..."

"For one moment you were there. One moment we were together," a girl's singing drifts down from the ceiling. "And now you're gone."o

Erik's eyes widen and he stands up quickly. That voice. He grabs his mask following the hypnotic singing in a trance.

Erik:Christine?"

But a Long haired,Red head turns around with a Freckled face,green eyes.

And her eyes go wide in surprise.

Tauriel:Sir! I-I-I am so Sorry! I-..."

Tauriel couldn't help but stutter,She didn't think anyone was around.

Erik:Why are you singing? It's three O'Clock in the morning! Trust me you do NOT want to be on my bad side Tauriel!"

Tauriel starts to back away,But The Phantom follows her.

Tauriel:Ye-Yes sir,I-I believe you! I am sorry. It wont happen again sir."

scared she bumps into a wall,And Erik puts a hand next to her head.

in a threatening voice and narrowing his eyes he says:In the future, I pray you keep rehearsals to their respected hours."

Tauriel nods meany times, fast. They are in close contact,She starts breathing fast,And then ducks under his arm and runs off.

Erik drops his arm,watches her go and sighs deeply,