1. Don't Go

Anna didn't die of her attack. She was just knocked unconscious and had a few small scratches. She awoke in her room clothed, but no boots. She looked over to see them neatly placed by her closet. *I wonder what's going to happen now.* She thought as she remembered her kiss with Gabriel back at Castle Dracula. She got up and started searching the guest quarters. When she couldn't find him after a few minutes there or in the tower, she went to the library. "Gabriel, this isn't fun..."

She was cut off as the library door opened and Gabriel stood there. "Anna. Are you alright? How are your cuts?"

"Fine. And good. They don't hurt. I need to speak with you." She said.

"Come on in then." He replied.

She looked around him to see Carl then looked back at him and shook her head. "Privately." She said grabbing his hand and dragging him to her room. She closed the door and locked it behind her.

Gabriel raised an eyebrow as she turned to face him. "What's so important that Carl couldn't hear what you have to say?"

"It's personal." She said looking away as tears started to fall silently.

"Anna?" Gabriel asked as he put his hand on her shoulder for comfort. The gypsy princess turned around letting him see her cry and he frowned in concern. "What's wrong? Carl and I have to leave at dawn tomorrow."

Anna shook her head. "No, no, no, no, no."

Gabriel's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean no?"

She pulled him close and down for a passionate kiss which he returned. After a full minute, she pulled away still crying silently. "I don't want you to go. I love you, Gabriel. If you go back, I will truly be left alone in this world. You go back, report, get sent out again, and repeat. I will never see you again." She said in a sad whispered tone.

"Oh, My Gypsy Princess." He said hugging her tight and rubbing her back soothingly. "Yes you will."

"How do you know?" She mumbled into his sweater as she held him for dear life.

"Because I love you too. I can't just not go back, Anna. I HAVE to go. I'm gonna tell of the report, tell them about us, and come home to make you my wife. I will tell them they have to cable my assignments here."

Anna was listening then remembered what he said. She pulled away. "What?" She asked as her tears stopped.

"I will come HOME and make you my wife." She pulled him down onto the bed with her kissing him again. Gabriel laughed when she pulled away to look at him. "I take it that's a yes?"

She pecked his lips. "What do YOU think, Mr. Van Helsing?"

He smiled and kissed her again. When air was needed, he pulled away panting as did she. "I... was gonna... get you a... ring." He started then regained his breath. "Seeing as it's still mid afternoon, but I don't think I'm gonna get to that."

Anna laughed. "Just shut up and make love to me. I'm spending all my time with you before you leave at dawn." She said then kissed him again.

For the rest of the day and all that evening, they made love.