Chapter 1 - Valentine

Leaning against the wall, hidden in the shadows, Valentine Stark listened carefully to the conference call her father, Tony Stark, was having with Nick Fury.

"So we've got the six coming in from England," Stark said. "Plus Val, Carter, Alexis, the other weird two, and that quiet girl from the Red Room."

"Stark, as much as it pains you, they do have names. And since you'll be spending a lot of time with them, I suggest you learn them and about them."

"What's the family name?" Stark asked.

"Pevensie, but there are two others. Eustace Scrubb and Caspian of Telmar." Fury's voice sounded so clear Valentine almost thought he was in the room with them.

"Wait, of?"

"That's right."

"Well, where is Telmar?" Stark asked. Valentine stepped into the room to see her dad tapping on his high-tech fancy computer. He didn't notice her. Of course he couldn't. She was invisible, thanks to his one order to her mother after she found out she was pregnant.

"No where even the best hacker could find. It's near Narnia?" Fury stated.

"Narnia? Oh, great, please tell me he's not another god," Stark pleaded.

"Not a god, a king. And he's ruled to the equivalent of Cap's God in the form of a talking lion."

"Maybe we should get Banner to give him a neuro exam."

"The other five are backing him up on it, though Susan does seem hesitant."

"Fine, neuro exams for all!" Stark exclaimed. "I'm going to bed. Night."

Fury is cut off and and his hologram disappears. Valentine headed into the kitchen, became visible and pulled out her cell phone, calling her friend Alexis.

"Hey Val, now's not really a good time," Alexis practically yelled. In the background, there was obvious destruction and men yelling. Valentine put her phone on speaker and placed it on the counter before rummaging in the fridge. "Steve said the H word. Fury's going to have to relocate us... again."

"I think you'll be coming to New York," Valentine said.

"What was that?" Alexis asked loudly. "Sorry, now is not a good time. Text me later?"

"Of course." Alexis hung up and Valentine turned her phone off. She sat on a stool at the counter of her dad's kitchen and took a bite of cold macaroni.

"There is a microwave." Tony Stark's voice rang out.

"I know, Dad." Valentine looked up at him.

"Who was on the phone?" he asked, getting a fork. He stood next to Valentine and dug into the macaroni too.

"Alexis. Looks like Fury'd going to have to play the relocation game again," she explained. Stark swore under his breath. "Swear jar."

"You're even worse than Cap, you know that right?"

Valentine grinned. "You remind me every day." They were quiet for a moment. "Dad, what's really going on? Why all these secret calls to Fury? Why do you keep mentioning me and Lex and who is Carter and Eustace and Caspian and the Pevensie's?"

"Val, I wish I could tell you, but it's classified."

"That's never stopped you before," Valentine said.

"I know, but you'll find out soon enough. I need to call Fury back." Tony put down his fork and started walking out of the room.

"He's not going to be happy that you hung up on him."

Tony turned back to his seventeen year old daughter. "You were probably spying on me, weren't you? You were probably in the middle of the room."

"Yeah, basically," she said with a giggle.

"I'll deal with you tomorrow," Tony said. Valentine had learned that this was code for "you done good."

"Swear jar!" she called as he passed it. He backed up and took a bill out of his wallet and dropped it in before calling out good night. Valentine walked over to the large glass jar and pulled the bill out to see $100 on it. Oh yes being the daughter of a billionaire had its perks.

---

A/N

Sorry for the weirdness, I wrote this with my non-dominant hand late at night. But hope you liked it!