Chapter 1

Beep
Beep
Beep

I rolled over and slammed my hand down on my alarm clock, shutting it off. I looked at the time, 7:30. Ugh! Why did I set my alarm? It's Saturday!

There is no way I'm getting back to sleep now. So I grabbed my phone off the charger and went on Instagram. Scrolling through my feed. I saw Jordan Sweeto's latest post. It was a picture of him Johnnie Guilbert, Bryan Stars, and Damon Fizzy with the caption saying "Can't wait to see all my Kansas Sweeto's tomorrow!"

I had almost forgot. Warped Tour was coming to my state tomorrow! But I wasn't going. Not because I couldn't get a ticket, or because it was too far away. Nope, my father, Shawn, wouldn't let me go.

He barley ever let me leave the house! My dad is a piece of garbage. He beats me. A lot. Sometimes caused I did something wrong, or because he was drunk. But most the time he just wants to. The sick bastard has fun doing it. I can see it in his eyes. 

Shawn wasn't always like that, he started right after my mom and older brother died. They died in a car crash. Shawn blames me for it. I don't know how, but his sick and twisted mind somehow made it my fault that the semi driver was drunk.

After they died he found a new best friend. His name was Jack Daniel's. In the weeks that followed their funerals, Dad downed bottle after bottle. Then he got aggressive. And he's been that way ever since. He still hits, and he's as close is ever with Jack.  I'll be 18 in a few weeks and soon as that happens I'm outta here.

After I checked all my social media I took a quick shower. Threw on a pair of black skinny jeans with big holes in the knees. A thug-pug tee shirt, and a pair of black converse. Also with a few band bracelets and necklaces. I straightened my dyed red and black hair. (Red on top and black underneath) Put on some concealer, foundation and toped it off with some powder to set it. Drew on a thin line of eyeliner and winged it a little. Along with some mascara and some tinted chapstick.

I looked at myself in the mirror and decided I looked decent. So I went downstairs to get some breakfast. I poured some coffee in my favorite Batman mug. I sat down at the table and noticed a note sitting in the middle.

Went out for a while. Be back when I feel like it.
- Dad

Awesome! I have a few hours all to myself! I finished my coffee and decided to watch some movies. I settled on Corpse Bride. (a/n one of my fav movies)

Die die we all pass away
But nobody frown cuz it's
Really okay you might try
And hide you might try and
Pray but we all end the remains
Of the day

I sang along to all the songs and had a great time doing it. After about two more movies I was getting pretty hungry.

I went into the kitchen and started looking through the cabinets. I found macaroni and cheese. Yay! I love Mac and cheese! I put the box down, went to the fridge, and got butter, and milk. Then got some salt down. Also got a pan full of water and put it on the stove to let it boil.

While waiting for the water to boil, I plugged my I-pod into the radio and pressed shuffle. Drown Out by Jordan Sweeto started playing. I jumped around and sang at the top of my lungs.

You say one more means nothing less and lies you pull right through your chest you don't know and you don't care drown out like nothing's there

I was stirring the cooking macaroni when I heard the doorbell ring. I ran over to the radio and turned it down before going to door. I unlocked it and pulled it open.

"Oh my god" I couldn't believe who was standing in front of me.

Authors Note
Hey sorry this first chapter is short. Second one will be longer. If u like it so far please let me know! Thanks