SELENE.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Teen Wolf. All rights go to Jeff Davis and MTV. I do, however, own Selene Whittemore and any plotlines created for her character that don't correlate to the Teen Wolf arcs. That being said, please refrain from taking her character/plot and using it as your own. With that out of the way, I hope you guys enjoy this! 

☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒

SELENE. 

     ❝This is my heart, it's on the line.❞  

     While Stiles Stilinski preferred to believe that he knew everything there was to know about Jackson Whittemore's sister, Selene Whittemore, she wasn't necessarily the girl he had been pining hopelessly over since grade school. Instead, the boy found himself spending his days serving time as just another victim of unrequited love centered around a certain Martin girl. His ten year plan to win the strawberry blonde's unwilling heart had fallen just short of perfected when his best friend, Scott McCall, showed up to school with a relatively enlarged bite mark and a newly discovered, completely inconceivable, ability to play lacrosse well enough to land the brunette boy a solidified spot on the team.

     Not only had the bite allowed Scott to play lacrosse both notably and efficiently, but it had also landed the former nobodies two seats at a table that was, customarily, occupied by those that had long before been branded with the identities that dubbed them the kings and queens of high school. Jackson and Selene Whittemore sat at the helm of the hierarchy, both teenagers having fashioned a cold, cruel, ill-fitted demeanor in their very own ways. Lydia Martin had been plenty aware of the status that Selene held, but rather than trying to bind herself permanently to popularity by befriending the brunette girl, she settled for the girlfriend label and everything else had become simple history in regards to the relationship between Jackson Whittemore and Lydia Martin. The three had become an impenetrable force, and it was Allison Argent who was, ultimately, at fault for dragging the two, teenage nonentities into their lives. The two were more of a package deal, if anything. The brains and the brawn. Where Scott went, Stiles followed closely behind. 

     So, when the term 'werewolf' finally made itself evident enough in the lives of the two boys to pose as an imminent threat, Stiles had temporarily ditched his ten year plan to win Lydia's heart and focused more so on the fact that his best friend, a surrogate brother of sorts, had become a creature akin to those that went bump in the night. All the while the two teenage boys became wrapped up in their own nightmare of an unrealistic reality, the insensible people they had grown to surround themselves with found themselves teetering on the brink of falling victim to the cataclysmic lifestyle that the two boys lead. 

     As it would happen, it had been the Whittemore boy that entered the picture once again, and he had only caused unnecessary destruction with his entrance into a world he was never meant to be a part of. The totally irrelevant lacrosse captain had been plagued with such an overwhelming curiosity that it had been near impossible to ignore the suspicion crawling through his every vein; and it wasn't very long before he, too, was endangered by the supernatural. It was inevitable that his impulsive need to become of a higher status than he already held would be the factor that got both his sister and his girlfriend wrapped up in the circumstances, as well. It was because of Jackson that, while he, Scott, and Stiles were bringing their very own, personal antagonist's reign of terror to a fiery end, his girlfriend was hospitalized due to a mauling on the eve of the winter formal. 

     It was because of Jackson that his beauty queen of a sister had been abandoned at the local hospital, meant to adorn one of the many seats that occupied the open expanse of the waiting room. Selene Whittemore was left to sit and wait in an unabating confusion, just barely aware of the fact that death had no such intention to take the life of Lydia Martin so soon. In fact, Selene's assumptions had been more wrong than they had been right. While it was the imminent threat of death that was corrupting every ounce of sanity left to linger beneath the Martin girl's skin, it had been the otherworldly factors that had saved the girl from succumbing to her otherwise fatal wounds. Lydia Martin had cheated death, yes, but her consequence had come in the form of an altered humanity, one that branded her identity with the burdening title of the wailing women. Selene Whittemore's counterpart had become a walking, living omen of death.