Chapter One: "Nerd Alert!"

EDITED: 14/01/2017

I WALKED THROUGH the crowded school halls on my way to Homeroom, receiving looks of what could only be described as disgust. At this point, I'd stopped caring. There wasn't anything to care about. What had I ever done to them? I didn't know. As far as I was concerned, I was a normal teenage girl. I was a normal senior; born on the 19th of October, born and raised in LA and a normal girl entering her senior year. I caught sight of myself in one of the various mirrors dotted around the school. My eyes caught my dirty blonde hair and stared at my blue eyes and heart shaped face. Time and time again, my mother had always condemned me. She always ranted about how I should've been attracting boys. That was her problem because, as far as I was concerned, I was seventeen and no boy's lips had ever touched mine. Since second grade, my brain had repelled boys. In LA State High, the smart people, the nerds, always got taunted, bullied, by those who weren't as smart as us.

It was just how our high school's social hierarchy worked.

"Blair? Blair!"

I blinked, drifting from my own thought, before looking at my best friend walking beside me. Natalie Briggs had been my best friend since...forever and was unfortunate enough to have the Queen Bitch as her twin sister. And to think that they came from the same egg...

"Yeah, yeah! Totally!" I rushed, trying to make it seem like I was paying attention to the various words emerging from her mouth.

Nat raised an eyebrow at me; challenging me and trying to make me tell the truth. This was sometimes what I hated about her; she knew my weaknesses and used it against me when she wanted her own way. Admittedly I did do the same thing to her but she was better at doing it than I would ever be. I didn't count it as bitchy: just vindictive. "Okay then. What did I just say?"

I racked my brain for an answer that would be acceptable. "Urm...that you walked in on Deep Throat being a slut when you barged into her room to confront her about stealing your favourite blue flannel?"

Her jaw dropped so far that I was positive that it reached hell's core. My lips formed a small smirk as I could instantly tell I was right. Natalie Briggs was never one to hide her emotions. It seemed to surprise everyone when I did this but multitasking wasn't so hard.

Nat blinked and whatever daze she was in vanished. "Yeah, I did." She still seemed slightly disorientated. "So, I came in looking for my blue flannel and ended up seeing her naked and screaming the name of her most recent victim. Ugh! I can't believe we're related. I'm decent. I wear flannels and jeans with the occasional skirt but she's a totally different story! She walks around in excruciatingly tight leather pants and a boob tube crop top that she never seems to run out of. She wears thongs and I wear-"

Before Nat started ranting about underwear preferences, I slapped my hand over her mouth. But she was right. Alexa Briggs wore clothes so tight that I wondered if her blood was still circulating. But the lack of blood circulation completely explained the stupid words that came out of her mouth.