prologue

It's just another day for the family of three. Percy has chosen to start writing a series of books about his life. Annabeth, his wife, is watching after their only child. Annabeth is unable to have any more and they are happy. Their child is a girl named Hope. Hope is a miracle girl. Annabeth had a miscarriage and she was going to have twins but one died and the other bearly survived. Hope is the one who bearly survived. Annabeth and Percy were relieved to hear she survived. It's been 10 years sense geia.

Hope is 9 and born one year after the last war. Annabeth says to Hope, "go wait for me 3 feet out of the camp border." Hope nods not know how she is protected by the border. Percy looks up from his last book of the first part of his demigod life. (First Percy Jackson series) he sees Hope out there.

Percy gets up and runs out to her. A hellhound is there and pouches on her before he can get there. Percy slashes it with his sword and it covers him from head to toe in dust. Percy drops Riptide and picks up Hope. He says,"please say something hope. Please." Hope bearly says,"I'm. So-rry. Father. Ma told. Me to. Wait for her here." A single tear escapes her left eye and she dies. Percy looks up when he hears annabeth scream,"HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?" Percy is scared cause this isn't how annabeth acts. He is now being blamed for Hope's death. He catches the bag and runs off with Hope in his arms.