Promise to never leave

• Dedicated to Marissa

The last time you stepped into the rogers arena was when you were nearly eighteen enjoying a night out with your friends. Your seat was next to the players bench where your brother's best friend alex burrows

waved at you. Blushing you wave back when someone behind him moved to sit next to the glass blocking your view of him. The player reaches down to take a drink from a community water bottle squirting some on his face as some lands on the window. He takes a towel whipping the water off the glass when his dark brown eyes land on yours. He smiles a moment before taking to the ice going to face off aginst Max Talbot from the pittsburgh penguins. He won slidding the puck down to one of his team mates that looked like a blur to you. Suddenly you heard someone lightly tapping on the glass looking over alex held up a peice of paper that read " Meet me outside after the game". He quickly took it down at the camera's focused on the players bench. You smile nodding your head as the mystery guy gets slammed into the boards infront of you. The mystry guy gets back up with a little bit of blood comming from the corner of his eye. He quickly skates off to seek first aide, turning to ask alex a question you see that he's already on the ice. But ryan kesler sat next to you he put the water bottle down noticing you he smiles " Hey, that was kevin Bieska, ive seen you two checking each other out during the game". At that point you were deep red with embarresment. It was nearing the break of first period when your friends left to get food. You decide to grab some food also leaving your seats for a couple of minutes.

When you come back there is a letter sitting in your seat gently picking it up you place it on your left leg as you place your pepsi in the cup holder balancing your nacho's on your right leg. " Hey Marissa, connor didn't tell me you were comming other wise i would of got you tickets , im sure nancy wouldnt mind sitting with you, you have to meet little victoria she's nealry four months old, we'll ill see you outback a little later- Alex. Taking the note you gently fold it placing it into your pocket for safe keeping. Then the buzzer went off as the second period started with the nucks having control over the puck. Kevin took the ice aginst jordan staal moving past him scoring making the score 2-0. The rest of the period was relaxing luongo saving all thirteen shots on goal. As the players once agin went inside the locker room kevin looked over at you smiling as he followed kesler in. You watched the clock as it counted down the time untill the third period started. You stood up tossing out your garbage as you went for a walk. Next thing you know your outside the teams locker room as a guard look's at you " Ma'am you cant be down here, only players aloud' You show him the note you wrote to alex telling him about your brother and telling him you would love to hang out with nancy and little victoria. " can you please give this to alex burrows he's a family friend' you say as you watch the gurardnodd his head. You quickly turn heading back to your seat. Your friends are all talking about going out after the game and all you can think about is talking to alex. They all turn to look at you " wanna head downtown after" your one friend says " Naww im meeting up with a family friend after the game' you said keeping it on the down low.

Just as the players take the ice for the third period you sit back watching as the nucks kick butt. Alex scores twice with in a minute time period. You stand up high fiving a stranger as you scream your head off. Alex skates by smiling at you as you smile back at him. Looking at the clock seeing that their was five minutes left you collect your purse setting it on your lap as you finish your pepsi. The buzzer goes off as all the canucks go to celebrate with luongo. As the arena empty's your friends leave giving you hug's . Hanging out in your seat alex comes back on the ice wearing street cloths collecting the water bottles as he shout's to you ' Follow hank, he'lllead you down" you turn to see the guard from before.

Standing outside the locker room you fiddle with your phone as the door squeeks open and the sedin twins come out you smile at them as they say hello. As they left the door opened agin this time ryan and alex came out . Ryans hair was spiked as he motioned for you to turn around. You do as he takes a sharpie signing your jersey. " Thankk youu' you studder he smiles " Your welcome, maby when you come next time you can sit with andrea and the kid's she loves meeting family members of the guy's " he said as the door opened one last time as kevin tripped over alex's bag. ' Ahh sorry kevin, here let me help you" alex said helping him up as your eyes locked with kevin's. Feeling something you quickly looked away. " Marissa this is kevin" alex said as ryan waved goodbye . " Nice to meet you marissa' kevin said shaking your hand' You too kevin' you said taking a step back bumping into alex.