The Lady Behind the Mask

This is my new story The Lady Behind the Mask. I hope you guys enjoy this story!! Please don’t forget to vote and comment!! I really want your feedback on this story!!

@xFrozenInTimex all the credit for my cover goes to her! Go fan her or ask her to do your covers! She does amazing work!! :D

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                  The Lady Behind the Mask – Chapter one

                                                                      The Meeting

            Today marked the rest of my life, literally. Freshmen year in one of the most prestigious schools in Scotland kind of placed a whole new load of pressure on me to be well, perfect. I belonged to one of the most powerful families in Europe and before today I've only ever been home schooled, so I contain absolutely no social skills with kids my age... well it's now or never. I looked at myself one last time in the mirror, my long black wavy hair was down and my big green eyes had a dash of mascara. I wore a plain black t-shirt and skinny jeans with ballet flats. This was seriously the best it was going to get.

            From down stairs I heard my mother scream "Raven Lockhart, you get your butt down here this instant or you are going to make your sister late for school." I left my small attic like room and made my way into the living room. My sister, Annabelle, was standing next to my mother. When I looked at them they really looked like mother and daughter with their blonde hair and brown eyes. I felt like the odd ball in the family.

My sister puffed loudly which broke me away from my thoughts. "Let’s go I don't wanna be late! My friends are waiting for me!" I grabbed my phone and bag and walked towards my mother's blue SUV. The drive to school wasn't so bad but when my mother pulled into the school I saw it and I swear my eyes were popping out of my head! The school looked like a castle. I felt the butterflies in my stomach increase in size! I slowly got out and stared at the castle like school.

 Annabelle’s friend’s loud squeals momentarily distracted me from the school. Just as quickly as they came they left dragging her along talking about some guy. I decided to start walking in when I heard the bell ring. I was going to be late on my first day. Great.

I was running down the hall when I bumped into this tall gorgeous man with the palest blue eyes I have ever seen. While I gawked over this God of a man I noticed his arm extended, that's when I paid notice I was on my butt, can you say lame much? I took his big warm hand and got up. He smiled at me and then walked in a hurry past me. I wonder why he was in such a hur... OMG I'm late, I was supposed to be early that's when everyone makes friends! I finally arrived to my first class, biology. I slowly walked in to see that the teacher was that God of a man that I bumped into earlier. As he opened his mouth to speak all the students settled down and looked my way. Great more attention.

I plastered on a diplomatic smile and spoke with ease and delicacy, "I'm sorry I'm late sir I got lost on my way to the classroom."

He looked down at his list of students then back at me "Are you Annabelle Lockhart?"

As I was going to deny being her, she spoke up "Mister please don't confuse me with Raven, it's insulting towards me."

He looked down again and then looked up at me "Sorry for the mistake Raven, take a seat in one of the available tables."

 I looked around and found a seat towards the back with a short boy with beautiful blue eyes and a cute face sitting there. I sat down next to him and whispered "hello" and he turn my way slightly and whispered a 'hello' back. We both turned forward and the class went on. After the bell rang the class poured out already in groups while I stood up and started making my way towards the door. The boy that sat next to me was walking ahead and was tripped by this stupid looking jock; can you say stupid movie cliché? He laughed as the boy hit the ground, hard. The jock laughed and said "Damn faggot!" as he exited the room.