Enter Naruto Uzumaki

"This is your lunch money, okay?" He said as he handed me an envelope. "Now, I put a dollar in there so you can buy some milk," patting my shoulder he continued, "You can ask one of the big kids where to do that." His eyes filled with concern and care as he reached into his back pocket. "You remember your phone number? I wrote it down for you, just in case." I grabbed the paper, folding it in my hand. He wasn't satisfied it seems. "Put it in your pocket. I don't want you to lose it." I did as I was told, his brown eyes looked a bit more relaxed but his posture said otherwise. "Ok? you ready?"

"I think so" I answer, patting my pocket that was just filled with the paper. His eyes became watery as he reached for the camera around his neck.

"It's Naruto's big day." The camera clicked as my photo was taken. His nose sniffles some more as he takes more photos.

I guess it's natural for parents to cry on their kid's first day of school. Or in my case, guardian to cry.

Reaching over to the side he grabs the stand and screws the camera into place, telling the camera to have a timer on as he rushes over to get in the photo with me. His arms wrapped around my shoulders.

But, you know, this usually happens when the kid is five. I'm 16 and until today, I was homeschooled.

Click.

I know what you're thinking. "Homeschooled kids are freaks".

------------------------------------------
"X-Y-L-O-C-A-R-P" A boy with short brown hair and dark brown eyes announced into the microphone. "Xylocarp"
------------------------------------------
Or that we're weirdly religious or something.
------------------------------------------
"And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle so that man could fight the dinosaurs..." A rather large man with short purple hair and dark eyes paused, his brows furrowed as he thought."...and the homosexuals"

"Amen" A lady with pink spiky hair and small eyebrows announced. She sat the left of the large man with purple hair.

"Amen" The last man said who has a long purple pony tail that went down his back. He also had small purple triangles under his eyes and had small purple eyebrows.
------------------------------------------

But my family's totally normal..except for the fact that both of my parents are dead and I live with my old kindergarten teacher. He adopted me when I was four.

He hugged me for what seemed like forever, but I know he just really cares and he worries a lot. I adjusted the strap on my bag as I turned around to wave, walking through the metal gates.

I've had a great life. But when my guardian, Iruka, got offered a job working for the police force it was goodbye homeschool and hello high school.

I wasn't paying attention until a loud horn brought me to my senses. As I was waving goodbye I almost walked into an oncoming school bus but luckily I was out of the way. Though I did give Iruka a huge scare.

"I'm okay. Sorry" I apologized, raising my hands to show my sincere apologies. "I'll be careful." I waved goodbye one last time and began walking to the large school in front of me: Konohagakure High.

Many other kids were in the front yard, some were talking to each other, maybe even to themselves, others were trying to eat other's faces. This might take some time to get used to.