Part 1

"Princess Y/N, your father would like to see you." An Elven guard says. Your eyebrows draw and you look to the fishermen you're training for war. "You'll have to excuse me for a minute. Practice on fighting together while I'm gone." You command. You follow the guard to Thranduil's tent that's in the outskirts of Dale, right in front of Erebor. You cast a glance at the Lonely Mountain and think of Kili, your love. Your heart sinks when you think of going to war with the Dwarves tomorrow morning because Thorin Oakenshield is too stubborn. Your finger nails dig into your palms as you trudge to your father's tent. When you enter the tent, you see your father talking to an unfamiliar Elf, who's back is to you. "Ada [Father], you wanted me?" You ask. Thranduil looks over at you and smiles. "Ah, my daughter, you're here." He says, walking over to you. He picks up your hands and pulls you over to the Elf. "Y/N, I'd like you to meet Arthion." Thranduil says. The Elf turns around and you raise your eyebrows. His face is perfectly chiseled. His high cheekbones accentuate his dark blue eyes and his straight black hair. You smile, a little taken aback and slightly confused. You turn your head to your father but keep your eyes on Arthion. "Y/N, I know right now isn't the time or place to bring this up since we're on the eve of war, but I feel like it's for the best." Thranduil says. "What are you saying, Ada [Father]?" You ask, now looking up at your father. Thranduil takes a deep breath and smiles. "I have arranged for you to marry Arthion when this war is finished." He states. You pull away in shock and stumble backwards. You run into one of Thranduil's tables and send a few items clattering to the ground. Your heart pounds and you look between Thranduil and Arthion. "What..." You breathe, shaking your head. Tears fill your eyes. "Are you not happy?" Thranduil asks, his eyebrows drawing. You look to Arthion and your eyes harden. "Leave us." You command. "But-" Arthion interjects. "Go, Arthion." You command more firmly. He nods and leaves the tent. You cross your arms over your chest and clench your jaw. "What were you thinking?!" You shriek angrily. "I thought you would be happy about this, Y/N!" Thranduil retorts. "Well, I'm not! Don't you think you should've talked to me first about this?" You ask. "I thought you'd like Arthion. He's a nice young Elf and I thought you'd be a perfect match." Thranduil explains. "I don't even love him; I don't even know him!" You snap. "Love will grow over time and you'll get to know him as your marriage progresses." Thranduil argues. You stare at your father, your eyes widened in shock. "You would let your only daughter go into a loveless and happy-less marriage? All for the sake of what? So you look like a good father?" You ask, shaking your head. "Ada [Father], I want love in a marriage. I want someone who can love me for me. Someone who will love me no matter what." You say. Your eyes trail away from Thranduil's and you think of Kili. "You act as if someone already has your heart!" Thranduil grits out impatiently. "That's because someone does!" You shout, crying. You break down and put your face in your hands. "Who-who-?" Thranduil sputters. You look up at him. He stares at you for a long moment before it dawns on him. "N-no. No, it couldn't be. You wouldn't go that far-" He says, shaking his head in disbelief. "And what if I have?" You ask, defiance burning in your eyes. "An Elf and a Dwarf will never-" Thranduil starts to lecture. "I don't care!" You shout. "I don't care, Ada [Father]. I love him." You gasp, before running out of the tent.

"Argh!" You grunt, cutting down an Orc. You're running up Ravenhill trying to get to Kili during the Battle of the Five Armies. The Orcs run rampid all over the ground and Ravenhill. From your point of view, the battle is somewhat lost, but that doesn't squash your hopes that Kili is still alive and holding his own. You run through Ravenhill and hear the clang of weapons clashing together. "Kili." You breathe, looking around. You run up a stone stairway and see him fighting an Orc. Three other Orcs surround him. "No." You gasp. You race forward, yelling. You hold your sword up and start fighting the Orcs. "Glad you could join me, Y/N." Kili says, stabbing an Orc. He throws you a smile. "I couldn't let you have all the fun now, could I?" You ask, grinning. You kick an Orc in the stomach and then stab him. Kili and you kill the two other Orcs and then take a breather. "Let's go help your uncle." You suggest. "Good idea." Kili replies, starting to head down the stone stairway. "Wait, wait." You say, grabbing his arm. "What?" He asks. You lean down and kiss him solidly on the lips. Smiling, you pull away a moment later. Kili's eyes glow and he chuckles. "Now we can go." You say. Kili starts to head down the stairs first. You're about to follow him when you hear a whiz from an arrow. You gasp and lurch back as an arrow sinks into your back. You put a hand on your stomach, your breath catching. Your sword clatters to the ground. "Y/N? Y/N!" Kili shouts, catching you as you fall. He pulls you down the stairs as more arrows rain down. Once you're down the stairs, Kili pulls you into an alcove. He gingerly holds you in his arms, tears in his eyes. You stare at him and clutch his shirt. "Kili." You say, your breath raspy. With each intake of breath, you flinch. "I love you." You gasp, tears sliding out of the corners of your eyes. "I love you too." Kili cries, bowing his head. "You made me so happy." You whisper. Kili lifts looks at you, his forehead wrinkled. His chin quivers and he caresses your hair line. "I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. That's all I wanted." You state. You cough, your breath catching. "I-I guess I am spending the rest of my life with you." You say. You chuckle softly and end up coughing again. "There's no other place I'd rather die than in your arms." You whisper. Kili shakes his head, the tears splattering down his cheeks. "No, no, you can't die." He whispers. "You can't leave me here alone." He cries. You smile slightly and finger his chin. "You'll never be alone." You whisper. "Ne-ver." You choke out. Your hand drops from Kili's chin and your head turns into his chest, your eyes closed. "Y/N." Kili says, cupping your face. "Y/N, no, please. Please, please, please!" He begs. Kili drops his head onto yours and starts sobbing. "Please, my love. I need you. I love you." He weeps. He pulls your body close and rocks back and forth, heart wrenching sobs escaping his mouth.

After the battle, small fires across the battle field make everything smokey. Everything is completely silent. Kili carries your lifeless body through the field that's riddled with dead bodies. His face is hard and his eyes are red from crying. The wind gently blows a few pieces of his hair across his face, and softly splays your hair away from your pale, lifeless face. Kili heads to Thranduil who's checking some Elves to see if they're still breathing. At the sight of Kili walking towards him out of the smoke with a body in his arms, Thranduil stands. Once it becomes clear to who Kili has in his arms, Thranduil's world falls apart. "No!" He screams, running toward Kili. Thranduil stares at your lifeless frame and starts sobbing. He takes you out of Kili's arms and holds you to him. Your head falls limp against his chest. Thranduil falls to his knees, crying uncontrollably. Kili backs away as if he's in a deep daze. "Y/N, my dearest daughter. I am so sorry." He says, staring at your beautiful face. "Please forgive me. Please, please forgive me." He begs. "I'm so sorry about how I treated you in our last time together. That was never my intention to yell at you like that and I am so sorry." He cries. "Oh, Y/N, I loved you so much. I wish I could have told you that... one last time." Thranduil sobs.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!

🎉 You've finished reading IMAGINE: Thranduil setting up an arranged marriage while you're in love with Kili 🎉