Where the end zone begins

People began to shuffle unsteadily towards the door some of them secretly drinking during the conference.
"So you're not going to do anything about this!" I screamed. "You all sat here and called me crazy for fearing the government, but you all saw what just happened!" I couldn't get over the point that everyone was just stumbling out of the concrete room like nothing happened. They continued to limp and trip out the door. That's when the voices came back; "they don't trust you," "you can't trust them," they whispered to me. I gripped a hand full of my hair and grasped my head falling to the floor screaming, screaming go away. I opened my eyes and saw delusions of the black armored guards. Shaking my head of the nonsense that was being filled with dark thoughts I stumbled outside and got in the train that would take me back to the edge of the end zone, my home. As the train began to move I felt dizzy so I just closed my eyes and thought of how life would be if I wasn't living in the year 4016; Where no one can trust you and you can't trust anyone else, including the government. They say they are here to help you, that you have nothing to be concerned about; but then they pick you up and take you to the end zone because you don't fit in with everyone else, you are different. I opened my eyes and began to ponder wether or not there was a time when it was good to be different, a time when you could flaunt your differences and show off your personality. I shook my head and realized how crazy I was there could have never been a time when someone liked to be set apart from the rest. The train tracks squeaked as the train slowly pulled to a stop. I flicked a quarter at the train driver and jumped off. I coughed as I landed on the canyon like ground full of red dust. I yawned and glanced over at the drop off that had a huge sign stating "warning this is the end zone" and a rusty old elevator which was the ride to the end zone for the people who "belonged" there. I unfocused my gaze and began walking back to my shack. As I walked in I accidentally slammed the door and got a face full of red dust. I brushed myself off as much as I could then began to disrobe to get into the shower, I noticed many bruises on my legs from the times I had fallen to the ground begging for the voices to stop, for them to go away. As i began to step into the shower they whispered, "I'll always be here for you,".
"Ya right, be here to haunt me!" I shouted out loud. I cleaned myself well in the shower then stepped out and changed into my assigned sleeping clothes. I decided not to eat because the meal was provided by the government for their once a month "thank you" gift; instead I grabbed a book and plopped onto my bed and began to read, I maybe got two scentenes in when I passed out at 12pm from pure exhaustion.