Introduction

I lay on my bed staring thoughtfully at the ceiling. Moonlight flooding through the part in the bedroom curtains, illuminating my well kept room and reflecting off of my pale skin and causing my eyes to sparkle in my reflection on the glass.

Outside my bedroom window the hypnotic twinkling of the Paris skyline momentarily blinks out of existence as a giant Mogadorien warships passes through my view of the city. My breath catches in my throat. I've seen what those things have done in other parts of the world. Destroying buildings, towns even with a single remorseless blast from their disgusting, foreign technology. I wonder are they going to destroy next. The Eiffel Tower? The whole of Paris? My mind flashes to my Grandmother. I scrunch my nose and rub my temples in an attempt to clear my mind. It helps. I sit up in my bed, cross my legs and inhale deeply. Whatever may or may not happen out there I don't want to think or know at the moment, right now all I need to do is calm myself and concentrate.

One more time, I think. One more time is probably the limits of my energy for the day. I concentrate on the trash bin in the corner of my room, focusing on it as if I am expecting it to start make a run for the door. After a few seconds of nothing I lift my hand in a small gesture of frustration, but it accomplishes exactly what I have trying to do. With the flick of my hand a crumpled piece of notebook paper shoots a dozen centimeters or so into the air. I twirl it there for a moment with another hand gesture. I can do better than that. I bolster to myself.

I expand my reach. It's the easiest way
To visualize what I am doing. I imagine all of the garbage and I visualize picking them up all at once. The remainder of the contents of the small garbage spew forth, quite similar similar to a volcanic. That imagery makes me smile, I have a thing for volcanos. I spread the small pieces of garbage throughout my bedroom. I stand and begin circulating the rubbish around my head, tiny planets in my mental solar system.

The sudden opening of my bedroom door causes me to freeze, breaking my concentration, scattering my planets all around the floor. A small crumpled plastic wrapper bounce toward the opening and a black cat pounces on it from the darkness of the hallway. Ares. He immediately loses interest with the garbage and joins me as I relax back into my bed and my cat nuzzles his head into my chest. I rest my head on my pillow and let Ares' purr drift me toward sleep. Maybe in the morning I can use that little trick to clean up the mess.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

This is just an intro explaining the character and the situation, in the story and the timeline of course. More to come More characters MORE LEGACIES.
Like it if you liked it so I know you liked it😉