Chapter 1

Moving towns is hard when your father is hated and you have the reputation floating with you, my father had been forced out of his home town and we were forced to move to Rome, as the emperor who was ruling was his friend and offered us a place to stay.

My horse cantered over the dusted ground flicking up sand at my father who was cantering behind me, I was to be enrolling into a gladiator school to fight in the arena as that's all what my father wanted for me since he came back from Troy.

"Lucea slow down!" My father exclaimed.

As he was trotting behind me, with the people carrying our things and the cart with our belongings in, so I slowed down and walked next to his side, we came over the hill and there in the valley was the city of Rome. So we galloped down and as we approached the gates we slowed to a walk and as we entered our horses hooves echoed around the city, the peasant folk moved out of our way, I saw three boys standing there gawping at us, it was obvious they knew who we were, the one at the back with the long golden hair caught my attention.

I only smiled him and nodded at him. "Lucea come on!" My father demanded.

"Coming" I answered giving my horse a nudge in the ribs and I cantered forward up to his side, we reached the palace and guards came rushing out to take our horses by the reins, so we dismounted and we were greeted by the emperor, I stood there with my hand on the hilt of my sword letting my father do the talking, we soon had a crowd surrounding us. All of a sudden I heard growling, I looked to our left and someone had allowed a rabid dog off its leash and went rushing to my father, so I stood in front of him and put my right arm up to protect my face, and the beast sunk its teeth through my leather gauntlet and into my arm making it bleed, I didn't cry out but I held it in and then I took the sword from its scabbard and slit the dogs stomach open, it pined and its organs dropped onto the ground.

"Are you okay?" My father panicked.

"Yes" I nodded gripping my right arm with my left.

"Allow my healer to take a look at it" The emperor said putting his arm around my shoulder and then taking my father and I into the palace, so I was taken to the infirmary and the gauntlet was unbuckled and lifted from my arm making me hiss.

"Judging by your scars, it seems you have seen far worse and more battle, so I doubt a dog bite will affect you" She said kindly.

"Yes" I nodded.

"I didn't think women could fight in battle!" She exclaimed.

"No, not usually, but my father is Achilles and I have been bought up with battle and trained for it by my father" I explained.

Please vote and comment