Joke Wars

**Hey guys! This is a one shot dedicated to that awesome practical joke war that Spencer and Derek got themselves into. I don't own content from the episode "Painless." Hope you enjoy!**

Third Person POV

Derek Morgan walked into the BAU on a mission. He was gonna get his best friend back for hustling him. He knew he had to make it good or Spencer would just laugh at him. As he was scheming ways to get him back, Hotch walks into the bullpen. "We've got a case," he says. The team walks into the conference room and sits down. "Does anyone remember this picture," she says showing a picture of a man running with a teenager. "Yeah me and Hotch were there that's principal Givons. We had to drag him to safety," says Rossi. "High school bombing in Boise, Idaho right," asks Emily.

"High school shooting and bombing. A kid named Randy Slade shot three students and then set off an IED in the cafeteria via cellphone killing himself and 13 kids. But not before posting his plans online. It was one of those where were you events," says JJ. "Last night principal Givons was killed by a bomb modeled exactly like the old one," says Garcia. "It feels like the Unsub wants to attack the man who kept the school together after the bombing. It's a pretty symbolic target ," says Morgan. "And this week is the 10th anniversary of that massacre," says Hotch.

"Today is the first day of a 4 day event to commemorate the bombing of the school," says Garcia. "Except commemorating it isn't enough for this Unsub," says Emily. "No, he wants to relive it," says Hotch. They all leave for the plane to fly out to Boise. While on the plane, everyone discusses the case with Reid giving his facts. Once on the ground, the team gets to the police station. Hotch and Rossi talk to the chief while Garcia digs into the past. Reid and JJ go to the crime scene. "So the Unsub has to be tied to the school somehow. Right," asks JJ. "Current student, alumni, family member who lost someone," she says. "Could be a Slade groupie celebrating his hero, he taped nails to the exterior of the bombs specifically to rip open flesh. That's a sadistic detail of Slade's the Unsub copied," says Reid.

"Except he tricked Givons into blowing himself up. A groupie probably wouldn't show that much self control," says JJ. "Someone with an axe to grind against the principal would. Maybe he was a surrogate for tormentors in high school he can punish. Who were yours," asks Reid. "I don't even remember," says JJ. "You don't even remember? Wait, were you one of the mean girls," asks Reid. "No," she says. "Valedictorian, soccer scholarship, corn fed, still a size 0, I think you might've been a mean girl," he says. "I actually was one of the nice girls into guys like you," she says. "Guys like me? I'll have you know my social standing increased once I started winning at basketball," he says. "Oh yeah you played basketball," she says jokingly. "I didn't play I coached basketball. I broke down the opposing teams shooting strategy," he says. "Is that why Morgan kicked you out of the pool last week," she asks. "Yeah it took him three rounds to realize I was hustling him," he says.

Prentiss, Morgan, Rossi, and Hotch went over to Brandon Slade's house. "Looks like we're not the only ones interested in Brandon," says Morgan. "It's gonna be hard to talk our way in," says Prentiss. "Unless we use it to our advantage," says Hotch. Immediately an idea for a prank pops into Morgan's head. He hopes to get an opportunity to do it. "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I'm SSA David Rossi of the FBI that's R-O-S-S-I," says Rossi. "So if anyone has any questions, you're free to ask them now," he says. Morgan decided to help with the press with Rossi. "Does this have anything to do with Brandon Slade," asks one of the reporters. While Rossi and Morgan deal with the reporters, Emily and Hotch talk to the Brandon's mother but she wants Rossi.

"Alright feel free to call me if you have any other background questions. My phone number is 702-555-0103," says Morgan. "What's your name sir," asks a reporter. "It's Dr. Spencer Reid. R-E-I-D," he says. Rossi is smirking and Derek is rolling on the inside. Reid's gonna love this one. Later they searched Brandon Slade's room and found a list of names made by Randy Slade. "Hotch, we may have another one," says JJ. "One the alumni was killed in her hotel room except this time he only used his bare hands," she says. "Do we got a name," asks Hotch. "Chelsea Grant," says Reid. "She's on the list," says Morgan. Later Reid and Hotch assess the crime scene.