Chapter 1 (EDITED)

| Sammie |

“Sammie! Hurry up, darling!” My mom was screaming for me to go downstairs, as they were already ready to go. “We’ll be leaving anytime!”

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I yell back, running down the stairs still trying to put on my brown leather jacket.

When I get downstairs my whole family is already waiting for me by the door.

“I don’t know why it took you so long to get ready, Samantha. “ My sister, Danielle, was staring at me with a look of disapproval.

As usual, I plainly ignored her comment. Danielle was my younger sister, and our relationship was worse than the ordinary teasing. We were complete opposites, and spent all the time arguing. Danielle always acted like the perfect little girl, and when anyone behaved differently from what she perfected she became very judgmental. When I made a tiny little mistake, she was the first one to make me feel guilty for that.

When we were all ready, we walked to the car. My parents were heading to the shopping centre with Danielle to buy her some birthday presents. As it was on their way, they were giving me a ride to Stamford Bridge. I was a very devoted Chelsea fan, so I attended every Chelsea match in the stadium, along with my friends Kelly and Amy. That day, however, my friends could not come, so, I was on my own.

“You are going to see that game, aren’t you, Samantha?” Danielle asked bitterly as I fastened my seat belt.

“Yes, Danielle, I’m going to a football match. But you already knew that.” I answered.

“It’s just I can’t possibly understand how you’re interested in such a masculine sport.”

“And I can’t possibly understand how you’re so narrow minded.” I always made sure I had an answer ready for Danielle, otherwise she would be even more unbearable.

“Sammie, Dani, please, stop arguing.” My dad was using his low tone to try to calm us down. Unfortunately, he knew it was a losing battle.

I didn’t say a word to Danielle the whole ride. While she was ranting about some shoes she wanted to buy, I was quietly listening to music. When we arrived at Stamford Bridge, I quickly got out of the car.

“Goodbye, honey. Will you be home for dinner?” My mom asks me.

“Yes, mom. I won’t arrive after 7:30.”

“Okay, darling. See you later, have fun!”

“Bye, mom! Bye, dad!”

“Goodbye, sweetie!”

I walk away from the car without saying a word to Danielle and headed to a pub nearby to have breakfast. It was almoust like a ritual, going there before every single match. I order a croissant and an orange juice, and then I go for a walk in a park nearby.

It was still very early, so I had a lot of time to wander around. I headed to a park nearby, a quiet place where I loved to spend some time.

After walking around for some  minutes, I saw a group of guys walking towards me. It wasn’t hard to notice how drunk they were, so I started to walk faster, in order to get away from them.

“Babe, don’t run away from us!” I ignored them and kept on walking, but they started running after me, and after a few seconds one of them grabbed me.

“There’s no need to ignore us, babe.” I could feel that man’s breath, and it stank like alcohol.

“Let go, please!” I yelled at them, but they didn’t care at all. There was also no one nearby, the streets were still empty.