India Shadow

Undying Destiny

This is Ian Nottingham/OC/OC (two OCs with the same relationship to Ian) platonic fluff with a little bit of OC/OC romantic fluff possibly thrown in. This is the third in a series, but I am having trouble revamping the first two from when I wrote them 12 years ago. Plus I am rewriting these from memory.

It was an early morning at the Irons mansion, and the normally quiet atmosphere was in chaos. There had been a rumor buzzing quietly around the mansion for a few weeks now and it seemed that today was the day Kenneth Irons added a new girl to his collection of assassins.

Ian Nottingham was outside waiting for the girl. Irons had already instructed him to escort the girl around the compound and to immediately familiarize herself with the armoury, her particular area of expertise being weapons. Ian glanced at his watch. Almost time for her to be here, he thought. Where is Meg? He sighed. His (unofficially) adopted sister was always either simply late or running around elsewhere doing who knows what. Since she had found her twin brother 6 months ago, she had been spending more time away from home. Ian was relieved when Irons had offered the young man a place in the mansion so Meg would have him close by.

Ian shrugged these thoughts off for now as he saw the black car carrying the new girl approach.

**************************

Meanwhile....

Megeara Angela Nicole McGwire woke slowly, savoring the quiet of her room. She wondered what had woke her up so early.

*THUD*

She heard the car door outside and heard the rushing around outside her door, and was wide awake at once. That was when she remembered she wasn't alone in bed.

Her boyfriend and police partner, Hunter McAllister, was asleep next to her. "Wake up, Hunter!" she hissed at him, just in case someone in the hall outside heard her.

She almost laughed at the way he jumped up and fell out of the bed, but refrained due to the fact that her twin's room was right next door.

Hunter looked at the clock. "Aw, man I'm late for my shift."

Meg rolled her eyes. "It's worse than that genius. It's the day the new girl gets here and I was supposed to meet with Ian an hour ago to go over our instructions for her orientation." She sighed. "He's bound to have noticed I haven't even been out of my room yet, so while he's showing her around he will be coming up here to check on me."

Hunter gulped nervously. He was, with an obviously good reason, afraid of the dark assassin. Meg sighed again, got out of bed, and started getting ready for the day at lightning speed. As she finished buttoning up her shirt, she looked out the window to the grounds below. She saw Ian walking with a girl of about 17 years of age. She was pale, as if she didn't spend much time outdoors, with knee, yes, knee length black hair, as dark as midnight. When the girl looked up, she smiled at Meg and waved. Meg returned the gesture as she felt Hunter walk up next to her and put an arm around her.

**********

Ian was talking to the girl, India Shadow, and noticed she was looking up at the house and waving.

"Who is that?" she asked.

Ian looked up to where she was pointing and saw Meg standing there, with a shirtless Hunter's arm around her. "That," he ground out with irritation, "is Meg."